Is there a way to send media to client.

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Leroy Bad

Is there a way to send media to client.

Post by Leroy Bad »

in Windows Media Player 12, theres a "Play To" option thats can send media to a DLNA client.
I was wondering if MM4 can do this.
I have a Onkyo TX8050 receiver that functions as a DLNA client. It can access MM4 server, but its a pain to scroll through hundreds of songs with just one line of text on its display.
I thought it would be more convenient to be able to select a song or album in MM4 and send it directly to my receiver.
Lowlander

Re: Is there a way to send media to client.

Post by Lowlander »

No, as discussed this is being looked into for a future release of MediaMonkey.
aysil

Post by aysil »

Yes, it would be great if UPnP Control Point functionality would be added to MM. This would be be highly welcome for example by many Naim stream player users who would rather have the control point on computer, not on mobile devices. Interestingly, MM is the only server which can make sense of Naim libraries. No other non-Naim server is able to do this because of Naim rips' different metadata method. MM gets most important categories correct, misses only composer and genre.
billg

Post by billg »

I can't find any such feature. Has this been implemented in MM yet?
I'd also like a MM web client so I could use MM as a DLNA controller from any windows device.

I've been using jriver on my desktop and notebook to puch music files to my player (PS Audio PWD).
But I find jriver does not work well on my network (often cant detect the player).
I dont want to use my mobile phone. It works fine but bad eyesight and low batteries don't help.
Im a MM supporter but this issue might force me to move to jriver (after fixing its network issues). That would be sad.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

billg wrote:I can't find any such feature. Has this been implemented in MM yet?
No, this is maybe planned for 4.1.
kaigonjinn

Post by kaigonjinn »

I just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to having this feature :wink:
lancashire_dave

Post by lancashire_dave »

Hi,

I too would find this feature very useful.

Dave
NeoRichards

Post by NeoRichards »

I would like to throw my support behind this enhancement.

I have an Andriod phone and installed the plug-ins and remote software to control and search for songs in my library and play them on the PC. The next step would be to direct sound to my xbox and play through the house Stereo without the need to move a laptop there. (and it sucks because the ALLSHARE tool that came with my phone can direct MM to xobx - but I cannot search for an control songs.. weird, all the pieces are there, just not together the way I want).

I love MM - Love the remote control (with search and everything!!).. now I just need to be able to play to my xbox, Pioneer XW-NAC3 or my iHome wifi Speaker!!

Keep up great work!!
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

NeoRichards wrote:now I just need to be able to play to my xbox, Pioneer XW-NAC3 or my iHome wifi Speaker!!
You might want to have a look at UPnPlay, BubbleUPnP or 2Player.

It probably won't be possible to control the iHome wifi Speaker because it looks as though this device doesn't support DLNA.
iamjan2y

Post by iamjan2y »

OK, so MM can not at the moment stream to UPnP/DLNA enabled DACs/clients. That explains maybe why I couldnt see any clients in the compability list :-)
Only heaps of other servers or stuff....

But if it could where would you find simple effective UPnP/DLNA/WiFI(WLAN) DACs or small boxes with audio out to connect to your good 30 years old HiFi system. My question is when MM is good to go where do I find quality dongles as above?

I am aware that I could by two or more boxes from Sonos, Logitech(Squeezebox), Apple or others..
But they all want to control my life (and wallet) when I am looking for a simple solution....

Anyone knows about simple DACs that are quality UPnP/DLNA/WiFI(WLAN) clients wihout being a complete amplifier or server system??
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iamjan2y wrote:OK, so MM can not at the moment stream to UPnP/DLNA enabled DACs/clients.
That's not entirely true. MediaMonkey can stream to clients when the clients are asking for media to stream (ie you use the client to navigate and play your media). MediaMonkey can't yet push media to a client (ie in MediaMonkey you tell it where to play your media).
foz1284

Post by foz1284 »

If this was included so that it can be used with party mode I would be happy to pay for a gold liscence,

make sure when the remote device stops the current track that MM does not skip to the next track which is what happens on WMP.

Thanks,

Mark
foz1284

Post by foz1284 »

iamjan2y wrote:OK, so MM can not at the moment stream to UPnP/DLNA enabled DACs/clients. That explains maybe why I couldnt see any clients in the compability list :-)
Only heaps of other servers or stuff....

But if it could where would you find simple effective UPnP/DLNA/WiFI(WLAN) DACs or small boxes with audio out to connect to your good 30 years old HiFi system. My question is when MM is good to go where do I find quality dongles as above?

I am aware that I could by two or more boxes from Sonos, Logitech(Squeezebox), Apple or others..
But they all want to control my life (and wallet) when I am looking for a simple solution....

Anyone knows about simple DACs that are quality UPnP/DLNA/WiFI(WLAN) clients wihout being a complete amplifier or server system??

I'm sure there will be better/cheaper but the HTC Media link HD is supposed to be a DLNA reciever and is under £100,

If anyone can reccomend a dirt cheap audio only device... < £20 ideally I'd love to know!!!
Marcelc66

Post by Marcelc66 »

Hello all, I am new to the forum, hopefully I am not repeating the same old questions but, Please, Please, Please

I am in dire need of an updated and current answer (Nov 2012)to the question, can I push or play music from media monkey to my apple TV2 with XBMC installed on it in any way?
If media Monkey supports it that would be great!
If not; is there any kind of work around or method to make this happen, it seems like this would be highly useful and appreciated by many with the same kind of set up.

I would truly appreciate your answers, suggestions or any bits of information you could flow my way...

Thanking you all in advance
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, this is still slated for MediaMonkey 4.1 which is not available yet.