MM4 / Oppo BDP-95 Streaming Issue

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

punsterr

MM4 / Oppo BDP-95 Streaming Issue

Post by punsterr »

I am trying to use MediaMonkey 4 to play flac files from my ReadyNAS through my Oppo player in my AV system. On my NAS, my albums are organized using artist/album/song # - title format.

Using the Oppo interface, I scroll to Network, select the MM server, and scroll to a suitable directory and select a song to play. To my amusement, the Oppo highlights the song, then goes into its Play mode - but starts playing a different song in that directory!

It's not an issue with my tagging being incorrect...the songs play just fine on my PC using MM. I'm thinking there either must be 1) an oddball MM setting that I need to adjust, or 2) there's a MM bug.

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the group...
Lowlander

Re: MM4 / Oppo BDP-95 Streaming Issue

Post by Lowlander »

Is Shuffle enable on the Oppo? Does the same happen with other DLNA servers (if available in your network)? Also make sure you're running 4.0.3 which is the latest release.
punsterr

Post by punsterr »

Nope; shuffle is not enabled on the Oppo. It's the strangest thing...on the folder-level view in the Oppo, the correct song is highlighted, but when I hit select, an arrow appears next to a completely different song (the one that is being played).

This issue does not occur on other DLNA servers, and I'm running 4.0.3...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case you may want to send a debug log (step 4b) to support, it may show why this is happening: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69