Ingtegra DTR 50.1

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dire1973

Ingtegra DTR 50.1

Post by dire1973 »

Set up latest MM and my Integra receiver locates the MM server but when I try to access it, it gives me a Authentication failed. You do not have permission to access this server. I can't find any spot in windows sharing or in MM that sets authentication or passwords or anything. oh I am running windows xp, I did go into network services and added internet gateway and Upnp and made sure SSDP was running in the services and set to automatic. The network is running through a netgear WGR614 but both the PC and Receiver are hardwired with Lan cables.

TIA for any help
Lowlander

Re: Ingtegra DTR 50.1

Post by Lowlander »

Are you accessing within the same network? In that case make sure that your Firewall allows MediaMonkey to access the network and that in MediaMonkey's Media Servers settings you have enabled share automatically with all new devices in the Access Control tab.
dire1973

Post by dire1973 »

ok I finally got it to access the sever but it is really clunky and slow and the song only plays for like 10-30 seconds before it locks up and says Cannot play with a little caution sign. It is recognizing all of the albums artists tracks ect just really not working very well at all. The server and the receiver are the only things on the network atm. I have windows firewall turned off and as much of the firewall on the router turned off as I could find. Any port forwarding or anything I could do to speed up the transfer a little? this is almost unusable atm takes like a minute after you select the song before it plays then freezes up as I described
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey (Help > About) are you using?

You may want to run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization enabled (to improve read performance) and disable any unnecessary conversions in the Media Servers (to improve play speed and perhaps reduce issues with files not playing through). If you do need to convert make sure you select CBR MP3 instead of VBR (Sony has trouble with VBR files your device may as well).
dire1973

Post by dire1973 »

lol optimized the library and now it says it fails authentication again. This is an older 50.1 that I own personally. I install Integra products for a living and have put in multiple .3 models with no problems. Instead of pulling my hair out trying to do this over the network I will just load up my Nas drive and USB plug it right into the receiver and be done with it. Thanks for your input and suggestions though =)

just for the record I am certain this is a receiver issue not a media monkey or network problem