Samsung TV and MediaMonkey - UPNP

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

zephyr

Samsung TV and MediaMonkey - UPNP

Post by zephyr »

Hi all,

I'm reading the boards and wikis on media sharing, trying to understand what you need to stream media on your local network.

I have:

One new samsung smart tv, with wifi.
Lots of windows computers
MediaMonkey 4.1.0.1672....

Some questions.

1) Do I need to use Samsung Allshare ?
(This is a really unresponsive, memory hungry app that wants to index media and imitate itunes or windows media or the king, MM <3)

On the samsung TV, the Mediamonkey media sharing library is visible, but only when the Samsung allshare media server is running (it falls over, a lot... restarting MM seems to resolve).

2) I've seen mention of "Play To" but don't know if this is a reference to Windows 7 native media action handling, or MM DLNA Playback options, ie

Can someone please confirm?

That's all for now folks. thanks in advance to any savvy "samsung users" that shed any light?
Grateful noob
rovingcowboy

Re: Samsung TV and MediaMonkey - UPNP

Post by rovingcowboy »

I think peke and lowlander use a tv set maybe they will be here shortly.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you trying to stream MediaMonkey > TV or TV > MediaMonkey? The former just requires you to go to Media Servers on your TV (could be called DLNA too). As long as MediaMonkey is running and the Media Server (Tools > Options > Media Sharing) has been enabled you should be able to play content from your MediaMonkey Library on your TV.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

lowlander is correct (of course). I have Samsung TVs, bluray etc. All connect to MMW using upnp and they all work very well. I find the Samsung 'smart tv' menus a little wierd but just turn on dlna/upnp, accept all connections and the samsung tvs should just see them. No apps .. you are right they are a hog.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig