Issues With Samsung Blu-Ray Player

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bonzo728

Issues With Samsung Blu-Ray Player

Post by bonzo728 »

I am currently using a Samsung BD-HM57C Blu Ray player to play my MediaMonkey library on a different floor in my house from where my computer is located. The issue I am having is the slowness at starting albums, etc. When I choose an album to play and select a song, it takes a good few minutes before an error pops up saying "file format not supported" (which isn't true because they are mp3s) then it automatically starts playing the next song on the album. Once that happens everything plays fine and I am even able to go back and play the song that I had initially chosen. I run into the same problem once I try to put on a new album. I thought that maybe it was a wireless speed issue so I got a wifi extender and that made no difference. I hard-wired the blu ray instead of going over wifi and that did nothing. I was wondering if there was a fix for this or if anyone else is experiencing the slow speeds when initially playing music like this. I am running MediaMonkey 4.1.4.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Issues With Samsung Blu-Ray Player

Post by Lowlander »

Update to MediaMonkey 4.1.5 and if it still happens (probably will) capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

Lowlander wrote:Update to MediaMonkey 4.1.5 and if it still happens (probably will) capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
You were right, updating to the new version did not do anything. I am confused though on how to create a debug log for something that is occurring on a different player and not on MediaMonkey.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As instructed. MediaMonkey will capture what it's doing and this is a good starting point for the developers.