Pioneer N-50

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Wildebill

Pioneer N-50

Post by Wildebill »

I am a newbie to this. Just ordered a Pioneer N-50 streamer and want to set up a large CD collection 1000+ and some other media on a DLNA drive like a WD My Cloud or other server to stream to this pioneer unit. It is very important to me that when I am finished album art is visible on the display and that this gets cataloged in a logical manner. Is media monkey the best way to go? I want to store this library outside of my computer and would like to use the highest quality files FLAC or other that will work on the Pioneer N-50.
Has anyone used Media Monkey with the N-50? Suggestions on DLNA NAS device any other help to get me started would be appreciated.
I have not received the Pioneer yet but would like to get started ripping discs and getting ready for when it arrives next week.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Lowlander

Re: Pioneer N-50

Post by Lowlander »

You can use MediaMonkey to rip and tag files. MediaMonkey can stream to DLNA clients and should pass Artwork along (if files have Artwork associated).
Wildebill

Post by Wildebill »

Thank you, does it matter which DLNA server I use to store media?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Media can be stored anywhere. MediaMonkey can manage that.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Personally I prefer QNAP, especially their new Series like TVS-463 which have two HDMI that can be used as Media Center HTPC when connected to TV and variety of DLNA servers. MMW can be used to Arrange manage and sort files on network.

On other hand you can find/build/buy low profile PC or even HTPC and have all your files on it and use MMW as DLNA server.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Wildebill

Post by Wildebill »

Thank you all for your help