MM stops playing after each song ! :-(

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Muug

MM stops playing after each song ! :-(

Post by Muug »

Hi,
I'm using latest version of MM on an old XP-netbook to stream (DLNA) music from my Twonky media server (on a WD MyBook Live external network hdd) to my WiFi Blu-Ray-player, which is connected to my amplifier.
But for some reason I've got to start each and every song, even if I've got multiple files in the "Play Now" section.
I've been googling for several hours but can't seem to find a solution.
Anybody out here that knows what's going on and how to solve it?
Paul
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: MM stops playing after each song ! :-(

Post by Lowlander »

I presume you used Choose Player in MediaMonkey and are controlling the client from MediaMonkey? Which version of MediaMonkey are you running?

Also did you scan the files from the TwonkyServer or from the File Server on the drive?
Muug

Post by Muug »

Hi Lowlander,
it's a version I downloaded a few days ago : 4.1.8.

I chose File => Add/Rescan files to the Libary => next I went down in the tree to my Twonky Media Server and then I chose the flac folder.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're bypassing the MediaMonkey Library and instead choosing files from the Twonky DLNA server.

I'd suggest capturing the playback in a debug log (step 4b) and to send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
Muug

Post by Muug »

Lowlander wrote:It sounds like you're bypassing the MediaMonkey Library and instead choosing files from the Twonky DLNA server.
I see what you mean. :)
Well, I just installed MM and used the default settings.... just changed what I had to change to use DLNA.

I'll send the log, I'll keep you informed !
Muug

Post by Muug »

You made me think of something...
In Tools/Options/Player I just chose the MM Player and guess what... it plays all the songs in the Now Playing section. Next I select UPnP/DLNA Renderer and selected my BD-player. And yes, it doesn't jump to the next song anymore.... so if you choose MM to be the pass thru medium it doesn't play everything in the Play Now section. This could be some kind of default behaviour....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It should play everything on the DLNA client as well, however some have reported this problem with certain clients. So a debug log will be important.
Rebekka13

Post by Rebekka13 »

Hi, is there a solution for this bug yet? I have the same problem, although while streaming, sometimes MM plays the next song and sometimes it doesn't..
Thank you!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you also on MediaMonkey 4.1.8?
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

I'm getting the same issue playing through my Musaic DLNA player. (http://www.musaic.com/)

I select the device in MMW player and then add a number of songs to now playing and it stops after each song.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest trying the latest beta which has several related fixes: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 73#p413473
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

The same issue rendering MM useless for me after all the years having fun with MM.

My renderer is VOLUMIO.

After a fresh install of Win10 64bit and a reinstall of MM it now stopped fully to play songs via MMW and choosen upnp renderer Volumio. Drives me crazy :(
Joe Dell Dell
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you captured a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support capturing the issue? With all the different clients and DLNA implementations this is often the only solution.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69