Not streaming to Blu Ray player

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Eagleclaww

Not streaming to Blu Ray player

Post by Eagleclaww »

Mediamonkey stopped streaming to my blu ray player (Oppo Digital through an Anthem MRX 300) in the middle of a song. So now it acts like it doesn't even know it exists.
Eagleclaww

Re: Not streaming to Blu Ray player

Post by Eagleclaww »

Is there a way delete the external devices and have Mediamonkey rediscover them?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, in your Media Server settings (Tools > Options > Media Sharing) there is a list of devices and you can remove them.

Have you tried a reboot of MediaMonkey and the device?
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

Lowlander wrote:Yes, in your Media Server settings (Tools > Options > Media Sharing) there is a list of devices and you can remove them.

Have you tried a reboot of MediaMonkey and the device?
Several times. I rebooted my computer and everything.
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

Ok, I deleted the servers under media sharing and it immediatly detected them again. But still not working. I rebooted the blu-ray player and relaunched media monkey. Still nothing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The servers or the clients? You'll need to have a server active and the client allowed to be able to share.
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

I'm only allowed the option of deleting servers. Their are no "clients" that I can find. The "Library" seems to be the master control and can't be deleted. (all under media sharing)

Right now, it seems to keep thinking my Oppo player is on a non-existant IP address starting with 72.xx.xxx.xxx.

Hmm, looks like my cable company is IPv6 now. Been tunneling for years, but looking at ipconfig /all there no longer is an IPv4 address, other than my private address. (aka, my local network).

Also, curiously, I pinged Yahoo.com, only got replies from a single IPv4 address, repeated 4 times. So I'm presuming Windows 7 CMD window isn't capable of properly showing IPv6 addresses when pinging.
I am going to upgrade to Windows 10 in a few months, after the dust has settled and Microsoft plugs any major issues with the initial release.

Just for the record, it's not my router, since other things like Plex (via the Roku stick on the Oppo) have no problems streaming to the player.) And of course, everything that's internal on the Oppo run fine like Netflix and Youtube and Roku obviously shows up and plays fine.

Also, the Oppo's address when looking at it on the actual router settings is correct. 192.x.xxx.xx
Its only when looking at Oppo's IP address in Mediamonkey does it show up as 72.xx.xxx.xxx
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you may be using an older version of MediaMonkey. Update to 4.1.8 and you'll be able to remove clients.
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

I'm using build 4.1.8.1751

Clients isn't an option. I can only create more servers, or delete those servers.
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

Ok, it's working now.

No idea why it's now working. I really didn't change anything from yesterday.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you were not Configuring the Server which is where you'd find the list of clients.
Eagleclaww

Post by Eagleclaww »

I think I know what I did different. I'd deleted the servers, but then went to work, so I closed out MediaMonkey. The next day, after restarting Monkeymedia, I created the server again for the player.

So I guess all I had to do was delete the servers, then restart Monkeymedia, then create the server again. That's my best guess anyway.