MM repeating itself

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Orcrone

MM repeating itself

Post by Orcrone »

When I'm streaming from MMW to my Marantz AV8801 it often will repeat a song (repeat is off). It does not do this streaming to my Yamaha receiver. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: MM repeating itself

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

I just downloaded it last week. It's 4.1.8.1751
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried with a different server (if you have one) on your network? Does it have the same issue?

You may want to capture the problem in a debug log (step 4b) and send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

I have not seen this happen when I connect to my Yamaha receiver, so It looks pretty likely to be an issue of MM with the Marantz.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Yamaha is another client, not another server. There are a couple topics on Marantz issues so a debug log may be best.
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

Sorry about that. Until recently I've used WMP and have never had that happen.
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

Any suggestions?. I had the Marantz connect to the same server as the Yamaha and I'm still getting intermittent song repeats on the Marantz, but not the Yamaha.

One other symptom: sometimes when the song changes correctly the display on the TV will show the previous song still playing and the timer continues without setting to 0:00
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

Some more information. A song will be playing and the information displayed is correct. When that song is complete another song will play BUT the information displayed still shows the original song, without the elapsed time resetting. When the second song is complete the displayed information then updates to show the second song with the elapsed time resetting to zero and the second song playing again.

By way of an example: Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick played with the information displaying correctly. When that song ended The Eagles - Hotel California started. However the display still showed Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick playing and the time never reset. When The Eagles - Hotel California ended the song started playing again and the display reset to show The Eagles - Hotel California.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There are related fixes in the latest beta: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 73#p413473
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

Thanks, I appreciate it. Gave it a try but the Beta release is doing the same thing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then create a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

I believe I'm already doing that. I contacted technical support and they sent me instructions for generating the log file. I just explained the symptoms to them rather than pointing to this thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you capture and attach a debug log though? That's what I suggested and they'll need to troubleshoot.
Orcrone

Post by Orcrone »

Sorry. That's what I meant when I wrote "log file"