Updating Ratings Impossible?

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

loubat

Updating Ratings Impossible?

Post by loubat »

I'm pretty sure I've already gleaned the answer to this from a handful of other threads I just read, but is it at all possible to update the ratings from anywhere other than my MMW application? I primarily listen through Sonos, which it's understandable that there wouldn't be any way to do it through the Sonos app. So I thought I might be able to download the MMA app, and update the ratings through DNLA perhaps? But clicking on the stars doesn't seem to do anything at all. I suppose I could sync the actual files to my tablet, then change the rating, and then re-sync back to the PC, but that seems like a horribly convoluted workaround.

Basically, I'm going to have to get up, walk to the PC, and manually update the ratings, right? First World Problems! :)
dtsig

Re: Updating Ratings Impossible?

Post by dtsig »

You can update rating from MMA and MMW. But there is no facility in UPNP to do it.
If you are having problems with ratings .. upgrade to newest beta in both and try it. If still a problem come back and report with what hardware and sw/versions you are using.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
loubat

Post by loubat »

I can update ratings if I sync the actual files to the MMA app, which is pointless, since I don't actually listen to the music on the MMA. I just want to be able to remotely access the MMW database from MMA, not sync any actual media files. Unless I'm missing something? My MMA library is empty, but I can access everything from the DLNA button within MMA, but not update the ratings.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Right .. there is nothing in the spec for updating files through dlna/upnp
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
loubat

Post by loubat »

Ok, that's what I thought. Just making sure there wasn't a known workaround or anything like that. Thanks!