No server available

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dieselscaler

No server available

Post by dieselscaler »

I am using latest of Mediamonkey on my Pc which i upgraded from Vista to Win 8.1. I also use pro version of MMA on HTC one M8. I used to sync my phone with the Vista PC easily but on Win 8.1 i see that " no server available, try again later " warning. Sorry if it is a very simple problem but i couldn't figure out the problem. Any help is appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: No server available

Post by Lowlander »

Are both MMA and MMW the latest version, is the server enabled in MMW (Tools > Options > Media Sharing), is the device on the same network as the MMW PC and is the Firewall on the PC allowing MMW through?
dieselscaler

Post by dieselscaler »

They are the latest versions, servers are enabled, both devices are on the same network, allowed MMW PC on the firewall: now i can sync my phone with the PC. But i still see "no server available" notification. ( By the way the origin of the problem was ESET antivirus' overriding Windows Defender and not allowing any changes. ) Thank you.
dieselscaler

Post by dieselscaler »

Even it worked at the first time, enabling Medimonkey PC on the firewall is not solving the problem.I disabled whole antivirus and firewall but still suffering no server error My phone and computer cannot sync. It says " connection failed ". Please help me. Thank you in advance.