How do I enable/use play to (aka cast to in W10) in MM

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dcwandj

How do I enable/use play to (aka cast to in W10) in MM

Post by dcwandj »

Hi, I have MM Gold version 4.1.9.xxxx and for the life of me I cannot find how to play to a network device, specifically a Denon E300 AVR. This function works fine in WMP where it it known as "cast to". Apologies if this is a newbie question but I've dug through every menu on MM and no luck... do I need a plug-in?
Lowlander

Re: How do I enable/use play to (aka cast to in W10) in MM

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on Player and use Choose Player to select a DLNA client.
dcwandj

Post by dcwandj »

Lowlander: Thanks that's what I needed. Now I just have to overcome the Denon E300 Off or inaccessible message!

Thanks again, Derek
Bob_d

Post by Bob_d »

I have sort of the same issue, except that I don't have any devices ion the list to choose from. Any have an idea why nothing is listed? Image I can share libraries and such but can not control. Trying to stream to a Bravia KDL-65W. This works with "Stream What You Hear" v 4.1(build 15316) utility so I know the TV is capable. I can also see the TV in the network. Recently found that the function works for the Xbox-systemOS as well. Trying PS4 now.

Thanks
Bob
MdL

Post by MdL »

I am trying to cast music from Media Monkey (4.1.16.1836) on a desktop (Windows 10) to a Sony Bluray player (BDP-S6700). If I right click on an MP3 file on the desktop, I can cast it through the Windows 10 built-in App and it plays perfectly, so the two machines are communicating through the network. But when I right click on the MM player to "choose player" the only option given is "internal player". If I go under Options to Choose Player and select UPnP/DLNA Renderer, the drop-down list below it is blank. So how do I add my Bluray player so that it is recognized by MM?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you stream from MediaMonkey when using the Sony device to navigate to the MediaMonkey server? I'd also suggest updating to the latest release of MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =8811&sd=d

Also make sure the device isn't disabled under Tools > Options > Media Sharing.