MediaMonkey Service Stops Responding

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sschaub

MediaMonkey Service Stops Responding

Post by sschaub »

MMW version 4.1.10 on Windows 10 Home

I installed the UPnP service and, when it starts, I can see it with a UPnP client (MMA and Windows Media Player) just fine, play tracks etc. But after a few hours of operation, UPnP clients no longer see the MM server. When I stop and restart the service using the Windows Service Manager, the clients can again see the MediaMonkey service and interact with it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Is there any way I can get the service to generate a log to help track down why I'm experiencing this behavior?

Stephen
sschaub

Re: MediaMonkey Service Stops Responding

Post by sschaub »

Any thoughts?

I've done some more troubleshooting on this. I have the same problem when I uninstall the MMW service and just run it as an application. After a few hours of operation, it stops responding to UPnP requests from MMA and WMP clients. I have done some network traces with WireShark and have observed the lack of response by MMW to M-SEARCH UPnP requests from the clients. When I restart MMW, it sees the M-SEARCH requests and responds correctly.

I really like the MM features, but its lack of reliability is not good. Would really appreciate some troubleshooting assistance from someone familiar with the product.

Stephen
dtsig

Re: MediaMonkey Service Stops Responding

Post by dtsig »

There is a link in my signature on how to report problems. Read the link and follow those directions.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig