UPnP/DLNA Help Needed

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

katman_deux

UPnP/DLNA Help Needed

Post by katman_deux »

Hello, I am a new user of MediaMonkey Gold, having downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago. I have ripped a few of my CD's and in the process listened to some of the tunes through the speakers connected to my computer. However, I wanted to also stream music to my audio system through my Yamaha RX-A750 AVR. In the media sharing menu I setup and enabled the MediaMonkey Library and MediaMonkey server which did the trick. I can now stream my music from the PC to my audio system. The problem is I can only stream it to the audio system and cannot play my music on the computer. I disabled both the MM library and server in the options menu thinking this would stop the streaming. No luck. Obviously I am missing something and would appreciate help in figuring out what I am doing wrong. I basically want to be able to play and stream my music to different devices at different times (e.g. audio system, local computer, wireless speakers, etc.) by selecting where to play and turning off the rest.

Thanks for your help, Mark
Lowlander

Re: UPnP/DLNA Help Needed

Post by Lowlander »

You probably used right click on Player > Choose Player and set it the Yamaha. Set it back to the MediaMonkey Player for local playback.

MediaMonkey can only play on one destination at a time. However if you use the DLNA client to navigate to MediaMonkey's Server you can play on as many clients at the same time as you wish.
katman_deux

Post by katman_deux »

Lowlander, thank you, that was my problem. As you said I set the Yamaha as the player but did not realize it was locked in until I changed it back.

When you say "if you use the DLNA client to navigate to MediaMonkey's Server" are you referring to the Yamaha as the DLNA client? Or is that something in MediaMonkey? Initially I was able to access and play the music files from the Yamaha but preferred to use the MediaMonkey interface. Is that what you meant in your reply?

Sorry for all of the noob questions and I appreciate the great support here.

Mark
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, if you use the Yamaha to browse the MediaMonkey Server it will play independently of the MediaMonkey Player.
katman_deux

Post by katman_deux »

Excellent. Thank you.