Sync Error [#10173]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

Sync Error [#10173]

Post by PhilDG »

Can I first say this is the best christmas present. I think the MM devs have an idea how much this has been wanted but only an inkling of the real demand! The product looks pretty good already even though it's the first release.

I have managed to get a couple of issues on wireless sync:

1. When the option to delete files not on the sync list is checked I got a failure. I'm not sure if this is because there are some files found that MM hasn't already synced from folders elsewhere on my phone. Is there a way to only use specified folders like on PlayerPro?

2. When I selected an playlist which takes a while to populate on MM it probably timed out but it timed out very quickly. I have managed to auto sync other auto playlists so it's not that - could it be an auto playlist which uses another auto playlist?

My phone (Galaxy S) said a debug log had been sent - should I be able to see it and post it or does it go straight to the devs?

Thanks again for all the effort in this project.
Lowlander

Re: Sync Error

Post by Lowlander »

I was hopefull that disabling deleting files would solve the Sync Error for me, but it didn't, sync fails every time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It seems to always fail on second last (49/50, 9/10) file.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Actually it seems all the files did sync successfully, but no Playlist is on the Device.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

I keep getting sync errors and then there are no playlists on the phone.

In addition, I always seem to get a sync error the first time I sync and nothing is done. If I then try the same sync again it seems to work although at the end I have got a failure message.

In addition, I often seem to have the spinning donut at the top right of the screen next to the search icon which stops me from attempting any more syncs until I reboot the phone.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Similar issue for me. It always fails on the last item sync of a large sync list; playlist are present but have no content. Also, the busy spinner keeps spinning, and if I try a new sync the message says its waiting for background processes to finish.

Samsung Galaxy S3
rusty

Post by rusty »

Interesting, it seems that you're all using Galaxy devices. Can you confirm which android version?

Also, can you confirm whether you've synced these devices previously with MMW 4.0.7 over USB?

Lastly, if I were to summarize: is it accurate that all of you are seeing all tracks sync as expected, but that playlists are not (they sync without content or not at all)?

Thanks.

-Rusty
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Before trying MMA I was syncing using 4.0.7 over USB just fine.

I have noticed that the playlists I am not getting appear to be auto-playlists - a 'normal' playlist I have appears to be just fine and contains the expected tracks.

It looks to me as if all of the tracks sync as expected.

As a further note, I installed the latest MMA and just tried to sync a normal playlist and this worked fine with no errors. On trying to sync again, it seemed to just stop about 10% of the way through analyzing the sync list and I had to reboot the phone - in the end, I deleted all of the content, uninstalled MMA and re-synced from scratch and it worked fine. I will see what happens tonight when I try and sync back play counts.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

GS3, Android v4.1.1, latest MMA test build.

This issue seems similar to when I tried to sync over usb using MTP. That never fully worked and exhibited similar results as this. The only way I could sync before was to use a samba share and then sync as a mapped drive. That always worked.

I believe I am getting all of my music, but I stopped trying to sync Playlists b/c that always fails and results in the "waiting for background process to complete" error.
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

I'm also having these issues on my Motorola Atrix 2, especially the eternal spinning donut. For what it's worth, I expect to have to be patient on these issues. Having to debug sync issues on 99 million different devices seems likely to take a long time. I'm on Android 2.3.6
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rusty wrote:Can you confirm which android version?
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, Android 4.0.3
rusty wrote:Also, can you confirm whether you've synced these devices previously with MMW 4.0.7 over USB?
Yes, but device profiles were removed.
rusty wrote:is it accurate that all of you are seeing all tracks sync as expected, but that playlists are not (they sync without content or not at all)?
Yes, all files are present, Playlists aren't shown at all.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Also, each sync that I attempt after the first one hangs at "Analyzing sync list..."
Raglan

Post by Raglan »

Brand new S3 exhibiting the same behavior.

Also when i tap on my "sync list" playlist it says:
"Folder is empty and can't be browsed"

Edit: I'm syncing to the external SD card.
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

Raglan wrote:Brand new S3 exhibiting the same behavior.

Also when i tap on my "sync list" playlist it says:
"Folder is empty and can't be browsed"

Edit: I'm syncing to the external SD card.

I think the error message just refers to the fact that there aren't any more playlists below yoursync playlist.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Killjoy12 wrote:Also, each sync that I attempt after the first one hangs at "Analyzing sync list..."
This is the same issue I'm getting - galaxy S with Android 4.1