Req: Last.fm scrobbling [#10167]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

JeffV64

Req: Last.fm scrobbling [#10167]

Post by JeffV64 »

First, thanks *very much* for this app. It looks great and as a player seems to be working fine.

My initial question is this: I have the last.fm app, but can't get it to scrobble things I play on MMA. I do have all of the scrobbling options (enable scrobbling, SLS support, scrobbledroid support) enabled. Has anyone else had any luck? I am running 2.3.5.

Jeff
Falcon

Re: Last.fm scrobbling

Post by Falcon »

I guess the Last.fm support isn't implemented in MMA yet.

So yeah, I second that request!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Simple Last.fm Scrobbler (v1.4.4) also fails to pick up MediaMonkey as supported Player.

PS. I personally would prefer last.fm scrobbling to be baked in.
ACraigL

Post by ACraigL »

+1 for scrobbling. This is a basic, as far as I'm concerned. Really hope that this gets implemented soon.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

+2 for native scrobbling
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

just a note on scrobbling. If AVRCP 1.3 bluetooth is implemented, this will likely interfere with scrobbling (it has with all other android players that support 1.3)

i think it would be better if MMW did the scrobbling through the normal method. I'd rather have BT compatibility than last.fm directly from the phone. As all play stats are sync'ed back to MMW, it feels like that is where it should be done to me...
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Sorry zombie, got to disagree with that.

native last.fm scrobbling directly from the device is a key feature that android gives you over say iphones.
I personally dont care about Bluetooth support, but absolutely require native scrobbling support.
Guess everyone has different priorities.

PlayerPro has an option to enable/disable AVRCP, and actually gives you a warning that scrobbling may not work when enabled.

A solution like this, should work for both of us, i reckon.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Buruan wrote:Sorry zombie, got to disagree with that.

native last.fm scrobbling directly from the device is a key feature that android gives you over say iphones.
I personally dont care about Bluetooth support, but absolutely require native scrobbling support.
Guess everyone has different priorities.

PlayerPro has an option to enable/disable AVRCP, and actually gives you a warning that scrobbling may not work when enabled.

A solution like this, should work for both of us, i reckon.
I don't disagree. Having the option to enable/disable AVRCP seems to be the only way to make things work properly at the moment. I wonder why scrobbling breaks the BT functionality?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't see why last.fm scrobbling needs to break Bluetooth or vice versa.

Anyway I'd prefer it either native in the App or have MMW scrobble on sync (which would be nicer as it would do so for any device it can read playcounts from, however it wouldn't do so until sync).
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Yeah I never understood why AVRCP would break scrobbling.

Either way, this doesnt need to be build in MMA at all, apps like Last FM and the simple last FM Scrobble Droid already do a fine job of the scrobbling.

All MMA wound need to do is be visible to these apps, which it currently does not.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Buruan wrote:Yeah I never understood why AVRCP would break scrobbling.

Either way, this doesnt need to be build in MMA at all, apps like Last FM and the simple last FM Scrobble Droid already do a fine job of the scrobbling.

All MMA wound need to do is be visible to these apps, which it currently does not.
I don't know why it breaks it... it could have something to do with hooking into the play event, maybe once AVRCP 1.3 support hooks in and stops the scrobblers from working?... i've had a look around and can only see references to it breaking, not an actual cause. I will dig further...

i agree that MMA should be visible to the scrobbler apps, rather than scrobbling itself. If that is the case then 1.3 functionality needs to be switchable, so the user can choose to switch it off if it's not required. Users of 1.3 will have no scrobbling, as it's broken, I can't get it to work reliably with player pro. This is why i'd prefer MMW to scrobble after sync with MMA.
mcow

Post by mcow »

What is the reason for wanting "built-in" scrobbling instead of using the app? A problem with built-in is that, like the MMW scrobbler, it probably won't scrobble until the track actually ends.
I suspect there are fewer users with Bluetooth receivers capable of displaying track names and phones with the proper support in ROM, than there are users who want scrobbling support.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I turn off bluetooth, wont use it or allow it to run. Seen show on old tech tv channel where they built an reciver for bluetooth that picked up sig.. from phone.
over half mile away from the transmiting phone.
And I Never used bluetooth again.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

rovingcowboy wrote:I turn off bluetooth, wont use it or allow it to run. Seen show on old tech tv channel where they built an reciver for bluetooth that picked up sig.. from phone.
over half mile away from the transmiting phone.
And I Never used bluetooth again.
sorry, but that's like saying you no longer drive your car because you saw a tv show in which someone stole one. :lol:

seems a bit mad that you'd avoid such a useful feature based on something that's never going to happen :lol:
rovingcowboy

Re: Req: Last.fm scrobbling [#10167]

Post by rovingcowboy »

at the time it was happening in so called waring. wheather it is still going on i've not heard, but if anyone can build that cheaply like they did on the show out of stuff laying around the shack floor. then i'm not going to use bluetooth and open that door to those that build one.

back to the moto better safe then sorry.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.