REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10135]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Hi,
Testing last night quite extensively, resulted in the following issues with streaming to my car head unit.

Phone: HTC One X running CM10 SE 2.0 (Jellybean) - This setup has been running using either Apollo or PlayerPro streaming over a2dp to Alpine BT head unit for around 6 months so I can be sure that the errors encountered are not related to the phone or software itself.

1. After playing a track, the head unit stops playing with PAUSE on the display. The phone however is still playing the next track. If I reselect the bluetooth source on the head unit again, it picks up the playing track and continues. Pressing track next/back on the head unit seems to work as expected, the next track plays over a2dp. It seems the issue is related to playlist progression, after playing one track something happens which makes the head unit think the stream has paused.

2. Randomly, while playing a track over a2dp, the track will stop. The head unit displays pause and I have to reselect the BT source again on the head unit, then press play in the android app.

3. AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth functionality appears to be missing. While android does not support this by default, Cyanogen does and so do other phone vendors. The player is not sending track information to the bluetooth device, therefore the device (head unit) has UNKNOWN for all the metadata. The author of playerpro added this functionality to his app around 1 yr ago. Other players on google play store support this too. Could you please implement it in the Android player?

4. I have set up wireless sync, however I cannot get a sync to complete. I followed the setup instructions and also configured the device for usb sync (I then configured it with some extra sync rules via the usb configuration). When I press the sync button in the app, the sync starts. The analyzing bar goes to almost 100%, but stops. I've left it for 30+ mins and all that happens is the phone heats up. Looking in MMW and double clicking on the device in the media sharing tab of the options, I can see that it is attempting to move numbered jpg files.. 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc. It never completes, so I am unable to sync via wifi. I have tried many times with only a few files, even starting with clear phone storage.

5. Using USB sync, i don't appear to see any changes to files after sync. I set up the sync, sync'd, disconnected the phone and played a few tracks (short length)... I then reconnected and let it auto sync back to MMW. When looking at the last 50 played tracks, the plays on the phone are not included. It seems that the play stats etc are not being sync'd back to MMW via USB...

Should I be logging these as bugs in the mantis system?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Ludek

Re: Issues when streaming over a2dp / Sync

Post by Ludek »

Re: 5)

I just tried it with my Galaxy Nexus via USB/MTP and the changes are reflected correctly in MMW, I see the file in the Last 50 Played playlist.
Could you generate standard debug log of MMW (by using DbgView) while syncing so that we could see why it doesn't work for you?
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

I am playing some music from MMA today during work which i synced last night via usb. I'll attempt a resync tonight when I get home and see what happens then post back the results. What do i need to do for the dbgview thing? is that an app i start before sync that captures debug output?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I found out that actually it could be caused by this issue http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10134 that will be fixed in build 1610.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Ludek wrote:Hi, I found out that actually it could be caused by this issue http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10134 that will be fixed in build 1610.
ah that could explain it. maybe the plays from MMA are further down the list as I am in GMT

My other issues, am I supposed to be logging those in the bug tracker?
jiri

Post by jiri »

1-3) Added to Mantis.

4) Are there still new items in the log during the whole time you test it? Since generating a debug log from MMA is a little tricky, could you try to generate a standard debug log from MMW?

Jiri
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

jiri wrote:1-3) Added to Mantis.

4) Are there still new items in the log during the whole time you test it? Since generating a debug log from MMA is a little tricky, could you try to generate a standard debug log from MMW?

Jiri
I can do that yes, can you please point me in the direction of the instructions for creating the log you need? One thing i have noticed is MMA is constantly telling me it's sent off a bug log. It happened between 10-20 times last night while testing. Maybe it'd be an idea to have a toggle switch in MMA to allow log capture which could be switched on and off, it could write the log to the sd card and then attached to posts? The current method of random bug reports being tied up to a time must be problematic to manage from your end?
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

This is the feature I miss the most from PlayerPro, display artist/album/song name on my car stereo.

Playback control work fine ( previous/next/stop/start) over Bluetooth however track info (from id3) don't show.
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

+1 for AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth functionality
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

zombiefly wrote:
jiri wrote:1-3) Added to Mantis.

Jiri
I can do that yes, can you please point me in the direction of the instructions for creating the log you need? One thing i have noticed is MMA is constantly telling me it's sent off a bug log. It happened between 10-20 times last night while testing. Maybe it'd be an idea to have a toggle switch in MMA to allow log capture which could be switched on and off, it could write the log to the sd card and then attached to posts? The current method of random bug reports being tied up to a time must be problematic to manage from your end?
Here are instructions.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
--
The gpzbc
Peke

Re: REQ: Support Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP) track informations

Post by Peke »

It is not just PlayerPro, it doesn't work on my car stereo :) as both Devices needs to be AVRCP 1.3 and still most of manufacturers do not spec that.

Google Nexus 7 is AVRCP 1.0 maybe some flash Custom ROMs adds support for AVRCP 1.3, like you said for now MMA is tested and have working AVRCP 1.0.

Added as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10135
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jiri

Re: REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10

Post by jiri »

FYI, AVRCP support will be added in the next release for devices running Android 4.0+. We currently don't have a device to test all the functionality and so we'd be interested in your feedback!

Thanks,
Jiri
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

jiri wrote:FYI, AVRCP support will be added in the next release for devices running Android 4.0+. We currently don't have a device to test all the functionality and so we'd be interested in your feedback!

Thanks,
Jiri
excellent. i'll give that a test for you. :)
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

me too:)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok 1.0.1.0074 is out can you confirm fixes?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts