Req: Track Resume [#10162]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

heronheart

Req: Track Resume [#10162]

Post by heronheart »

Could we have an option to auto-resume tracks? I tend to stop listening in the middle of podcasts, either to jump to another podcast or to talk to my partner. MMA will forget where I was in a track if I stop for more than a couple of minutes and it always seems to forget when I change tracks and then come back again. It's really difficult for me to test until I can do this.
jiri

Re: Req: Track Resume

Post by jiri »

Do you have the tracks listed in Podcasts category in MMA? If not, note that you can edit the tracks in order to show them in this category. Then, bookmarking should work fine (if it doesn't, it's a bug).

Jiri
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

This happens with music too. If I am listening to a song on the way to work, when I leave work I'd like to resume playback from where I left it but it starts from scratch. It's not so much of problem with music although I suspect it will then count as a two plays in the library. It would be very annoying for long podcasts
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

+1
I would expect this feature as default, all other players do this.

i.e. using BT streaming in car, stop car, get out, walk off. Music player on phone remains dormant.
get back in car, BT pairs, music carries on.
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, I see, I misunderstood, I thought that we are talking about a generic bookmarking feature. Adding to Mantis...

Jiri
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

Generic bookmarking would be nice too, in MMW I can set it to resume all track types so that any tack will resume from where I left off even if I play other tracks in between. It would be nice if I I could set this in MMA especially for audiobooks. Support seems to be spotty for podcasts. If type is set to podcast it seems to work spottily. I have podcasts where the type is set to podcast but the genre reads as "<unknown>;Podcast". These do not resume and trying to edit the genre crashes MMA. Debug log time approx. 9:30 AM CT USA today.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »