Req: Play To Device (ala Airplay, DNLA clients) [#10549]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

kknostman

Req: Play To Device (ala Airplay, DNLA clients) [#10549]

Post by kknostman »

I just installed MM for Android and first impression is "very nice!". Love the clean interface and intelligent layout. So many players look like well crap and are confusing to use, MM for Android is nice and clean.

One request, always keep us folks with poor reading eyes in mind when building... don't make text too hard to read or at least allow for font changes :)

Now to my suggestion.

I have really been wanting to use my android device to play music/audiobooks and even movies to my Apple TV or something like XBMC or other DNLA based clients (such as my Denon receiver). I'd LOVE to see MM for Android with the ability to play to a device like these rather than playing locally. I think this is the way things are going.

Playing FROM DNLA servers is great, but I'd love to see the reverse as well for MM for Android. Also including Airplay devices. I know it can be done, there's a couple of apps that do it but they operate like they were build by a bunch of monkeys in a room. No relation to MediaMonkeys :D
rusty

Re: Suggestion: Play To Device (ala Airplay, DNLA clients)

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We're thinking about that--nothing in Mantis yet, and it won't be for version 1.0, but we're internally considering DLNA Controller vs MiraCast vs AirPlay.

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

PS. Depending on your device you may be able to do this using the share button in MMA. For example many Samsung devices will come with Allshare which allows you to send content from MMA to a DLNA client.
I'd still like to see a native implementation though so one could use MMA to control a client while using content from MMW.
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

I would very much support this request!!! :-) It's very important for standing the test against home entertainment competition :D
Claude
Dedors

Re: Req: Play To Device (ala Airplay, DNLA clients) [#10549

Post by Dedors »

I highly support this request. This is one of only 2 features I'm really missing!
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

I'm a little surprised this doesn't attract more attention.

There are quite some stock player (seen on sony, samsung, huawei so far) who allow to play to dnla devices. And as I see friends use that on a daily basis, to play music e.g. on XBMC, as I would too, it's something I miss so much.

To clarify, I can live with either DNLA or Airplay, would prefer DNLA as there are more players out there, and the optimum would be to have both.

Update: hard to find, but it's already in mantis: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10549
jwhitworth

Any update on progress on this item.

Post by jwhitworth »

Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Peke

Post by Peke »

That means that it is scheduled for evaluation in MMA 1.1

I updated the bug.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts