Scanning process never ends [#10166]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

matmat07

Re: Scanning process never ends [#10166]

Post by matmat07 »

Just letting you know the issue is still there (galaxy nexus for me)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What version of MediaMonkey?
Mr Frustrated

Post by Mr Frustrated »

Installed Media Monkey on three different devices: Samsun Galaxy mp3 player, Acer Android Tablet and Sony Xperia TL phone. Media Monkey never stops scanning on all three devices. I can understand if it takes a long time on first time use, but this poorly written software does full and never ending scanning randomly. Very frustrating. Yes, I have tried all versions and tricks mentioned in this forum. I am going to uninstall it from all my devices. The only reason I installed it because it supports 'Composer' tag. This is a very poorly designed and written piece of software.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Mr Frustrated wrote:Installed Media Monkey on three different devices: Samsun Galaxy mp3 player, Acer Android Tablet and Sony Xperia TL phone. Media Monkey never stops scanning on all three devices. I can understand if it takes a long time on first time use, but this poorly written software does full and never ending scanning randomly. Very frustrating. Yes, I have tried all versions and tricks mentioned in this forum. I am going to uninstall it from all my devices. The only reason I installed it because it supports 'Composer' tag. This is a very poorly designed and written piece of software.
Hi, I am sorry for these issues. Something probably takes so long. Is it possible to send us user logs (Options->Send logs) during the scan...approximately after 5 minutes ? After that, please post log id here.
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Any solution on this? It's one of the main reasons I'm using Mediamonkey, as I need, among other things, a music program that can sync nicely with my phone. But this "Scanning..." never goes away, and is extremely frustrating.

Surely there must be a way to narrow down where/how/why this is happening...? I'm going to have to abandon Mediamonkey if this can't be fixed -- syncing with devices (and particularly phones) is a critical function of portability in today's world.
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

I think I may have found at least a temporary solution --

When the "Scanning" appears to be stuck endlessly on a device, go into MMW options, go down to "Devices", uncheck/disable the .DLL for the particular device, OK it and drop out of options (the device should disappear from MM), go back into options, and re-check/enable the .DLL for the device. When the device pops back up in MM, scanning happens again, but it at least finishes scanning after a few minutes, and thereby allows me to sync playlists and files back and forth after that.

Just a heads up.
swati10

Post by swati10 »

cjyoda78 wrote:I loaded this onto my droid razr and when the app loads it never finds any music files the little circle just keeps spinning. i have 50 songs on as a test that i synced wired with media monkey 4.1. it also won't wireless sync because "background processes are running" but i'd like it to find music first off. Any help would be appreciated

Hello
Just end up the process and restart it.
swati10

Post by swati10 »

It started working to normal after restarting. thanks for the help
lucas78

Post by lucas78 »

yes, scanning fir hours is a big issue, it takes too much time....
shawn214

Post by shawn214 »

Hiiii

Device is scanning 2. MMW creates db_copy_request to fetch Content 3. Scan never ends and mmstore.db.copy is never created. NOTE: In case it gets ... the device prior to running MMA, it seemed to take less time--could it be that the existance of .m3u files somehow slows down the scanning process?