Playback stops when phone is idle

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

brasssmonkey

Playback stops when phone is idle

Post by brasssmonkey »

SAmsung Galaxy S3 running media monkey for android. Playback will start as it should but it behaves as though when a track ends it checks to see if the phone is idle and then stops playback if it is. Hitting volume keys on headphones or display button resumes playback until end of next track where the process starts again. I have juice defender installed but disabled . can anyone advise some other setting to look at?

thanks in advannce
rovingcowboy

Re: Playback stops when phone is idle

Post by rovingcowboy »

Place finger on album art and drag it down if viewing with vertical screen, that will show you the shuffle and the repeat buttons if they are white then they are turned off.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
brasssmonkey

Post by brasssmonkey »

Guess I am not being clear, sorry. The player stops playing tracks when the phone goes idle. other players playing the same playlist do not.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

So do you have a task killer app on the phone? If so try setting mediamonkey to ignore in the task killers options. If that works post back and let us know one way or the other. 8)

Edit in..
Ah thanks botijo i read juice defender and just ignored it because it was said to be disabled. So they do have a task killer installed.
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
botijo

Post by botijo »

I need to state that without any task killer app on my Android 4.1.2 device, I do not get the same trouble. To me, it looks like Juice Defender is doing something it should not, like not recognizing MMA as a media player or whatever else it does.
Do you mind asking Juice Defender developers why this kind of behaviour might happen? MMA developers need some pointers for sure.
none

Post by none »

Do not have Juice Defender, have Galaxy S3, exact same problem.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Go in to options on mma and then slide down list to logs click send. Anything wrong should show up in logs when they read them in support.

Roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
cesium

Post by cesium »

botijo wrote:I need to state that without any task killer app on my Android 4.1.2 device, I do not get the same trouble. To me, it looks like Juice Defender is doing something it should not, like not recognizing MMA as a media player or whatever else it does.
Do you mind asking Juice Defender developers why this kind of behaviour might happen? MMA developers need some pointers for sure.
Juice Defender is not a task killer, it only toggles data/connectivity and thus shouldn't have any effect on local playback.
Tim-O-Theo

Post by Tim-O-Theo »

Same thing happening here. I don't have any task killer or similar app.

Phone: Sony Xperia T LP30p
Android version: 4.0.4

Playing a little with the configs, it seems that the reproduction stops whenever the screen goes off, not when the phone gets blocked.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

8) 8)
monkey hi fi wrote:Go in to options on mma and then slide down list to logs click send. Anything wrong should show up in logs when they read them in support.

Roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
8) 8)

as i said here did you do that???
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm still unable to replicate this on all three Android Devices.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mcow

Post by mcow »

On my tablet, in the Advanced Wi-Fi Settings, I have "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" set to "Only when plugged in."
When I was testing last week, I had a sudden pause in the music when playing from UPnP after some time. When I woke up the screen, there was no Wi-Fi, so the play obviously stopped. I'll try this again in a while.

If it doesn't already, MM should have "Keep Wi-Fi on" privs and use them when playing from remote source.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is bug in Android with power management I use this free app and it is working perfectly. Maybe that is why I couldn't replicate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ikeepalive
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mcow

Post by mcow »

PowerAmp does this correctly on my Galaxy Tab 2, with no special software. So does last.fm.
WinAmp keeps the power on while playing, but it does it by overriding the policy setting to Keep On Always, so the power is on when there's no desired WiFi access.
Tim-O-Theo

Post by Tim-O-Theo »

In case anyone is still suffering this issue, a simple re-installation solved the problem. (Or, in my phone, several of them)