Thank you very much...

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Mizery_Made

Thank you very much...

Post by Mizery_Made »

DISCLAIMER: The following will be a post made due to some anger and frustration.

Heh, so this app has been in development for some time now at this point. The number of bugs (and perceived severity) being fixed in each release has decreased in recent builds. I haven't had much trouble with the Windows client in my many years of use, which has included some bold phases where I eagerly tested the alphas and betas. I finally dove in and started toying around with the Android app recently, and it has now caused a nightmare.

At some point since 4am yesterday morning (some 36 hours ago), something has gone terribly wrong. A wireless sync with the app has completely trashed my SD card. Or at least it's contents. MM has overwritten everything with no warning. Gone are pictures and other contents placed on the card by other apps (including some backup programs). Certainly not a happy camper right now.

That is all.
rovingcowboy

Re: Thank you very much...

Post by rovingcowboy »

You have a Samsung phone don't you?

that is the same issue known as the samsung app launcher error nobody knows what triggers it, but it will wipe all data , just pic's, just ringtones, or any combinations of data from the memory.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rusty

Post by rusty »

It could also be related to bug http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10902 that was fixed in build 131 :-(

-Rusty
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I would have probably been using build 133 or 134 at the time of the incident. Is the bug you reference one that would have potentially had lingering affects after being fixed? Could the "corrupt playlists" have been caused by 130, and still have been lingering after having upgraded to 133-134? I generally update the app whenever it's pushed to me by the Play store.

I figure it had to do with either the playlists, or syncing. The exact events of that night are a little fuzzy, as me messing with MMW & MMA were "background tasks" for me while I was doing other things. I do recall having done a sync at some point that night. Maybe a couple? I also seem to recall seeing the "duplicate playlists" issue I've noticed quite often, where I'll have sometimes upwards of 4 copies of playlists that haven't been touched other than sync. I vaguely recall having had like... four of these, which I deleted from within the app. So maybe that is where the problem occurred?

Still frustrated by this occurring. However, life goes on and all that. Just a reminder to be more careful when messing with "beta" software. Just always surprising to see a nasty event like this when the development is this far along, you know? Things like this are more expected earlier on, and is also why I hesitated to jump on board with testing (well, that and the fact that my annoyance from the previous method of syncing hasn't been corrected yet... which doesn't make it that beneficial to me). Phones are important these days, lol. They can easily become someones life, you know?