Sync Issues (Still)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MarkODD

Sync Issues (Still)

Post by MarkODD »

After 6 months of trying every new release of MMW & MMA I am still having the exact same sync issues that have been reported many times.

1 Drag an album into a playlist called synclist.
2 Connect Samsung Galaxy II S via USB in USB Mode
3 Auto sync the 'synclist' to the phone.
4 check the 'Music" tab under the device in the Media Tree. See that the existing ratings have been synced but the existing playcounts have NOT
5 disconnect the phone
6 play song 1 (no rating, 0 playcount)
7 rate it 3 stars, play to end.
8 reconnect the phone via USB
9 check the 'Music" tab under the device in the Media Tree. See that there is nothing there?
10 auto sync and get a message 'Please confirm the following changes. Path on Device. Existing files and playlists to update from the device to the PC' What?
11 click continue. All the files get copied over again (That's why I have 1 album in the list)
12 Check the rating in the music library and it shows 3 stars (Yay). Check the playcount and it is 2. What? I only played it once.
13 Disconnect and repeat steps 8 t0 12 just to make sure and the playcount is now 4.

So the ratings are syncing successfully but the playcounts are doubling every time I sync and MMW is still re-copying files that are already on the device.

I was hoping these issues would be sorted by now.

MMW 1644
MMA 145
dtsig

Re: Sync Issues (Still)

Post by dtsig »

fyi (i know this never helps) but i just did same as you listed and when it sync'd back to MMW it brought back the rating and play count.

I think i followed your steps exactly
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

What brand of phone do you have dtsig?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Samsung GS3
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

Could someone do a simple test for me please?

After a sync is complete, select the Music subtree under the device. The synced songs are listed.

Disconnect.

Reconnect and select the Music subtree under the device. Is there anything there?

In my case there is nothing but I don't know if that is expected.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

(untested) Did you let the scan of device finish (is auto-scan enabled?)?
MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

Do you mean Options/Portable Device Sync "Scan as Soon as the Device is Connected"?

This option is ticked.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MarkODD wrote:Do you mean Options/Portable Device Sync "Scan as Soon as the Device is Connected"?
Yes, I meant that option. You could capture a debug log (step 4b) in MediaMonkey for Windows that captures the problem you experience and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=21&t=341
MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

Thanks Lowlander

So are you saying that I should be able to see the tracks that have been synced to the phone under the device in the Media Tree once scanning is complete?

If this is true then it is probably the source of all the syncing issues that i am expereincing and in which case I would be quite happy to submit a debug log. At this stage I am just trying to determine what is different about my situation compared to others who have the same setup and have no problems syncing.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

MarkODD wrote:I am just trying to determine what is different about my situation compared to others who have the same setup and have no problems syncing.
Wait, are there people who have no problems syncing? I've only gotten as far as it works about as often as it fails. I thought that was kind of the general state for most right now.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
mcow

Post by mcow »

I have for a long time had sync working well enough to do what I needed it to, but with a number of issues.
This with a Galaxy Tab, wifi connection only. When I play songs on the Tab, then sync, MMW updates the Last Played; when I change the set of albums or playlists, the tracks get deleted or copied over, per the changes.

What has changed for me, with MMA 148 / MMW 1646, is that Last Played is not getting sync'd over any more. Changes to the sync list are sync'd, but not the history.

== EDIT ==
This is discussed at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=72390.
Last edited by mcow on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

BigInJapan wrote:
MarkODD wrote:I am just trying to determine what is different about my situation compared to others who have the same setup and have no problems syncing.
Wait, are there people who have no problems syncing? I've only gotten as far as it works about as often as it fails. I thought that was kind of the general state for most right now.
i use usb sync just like moving files to an hard drive, i dont sync back to the pc i use the numbers and rates from the pc. that being said though i do get some messed up art work for the albums even with the usb sync. but its working for me that way,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

rovingcowboy, when you connect via USB are there any tracks listed under the Music subtree under the device in the media tree?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no i do all on computers side
just plug phone in. exploer in my computer area on the pc. go into the drive shown for the phone to the media folder and then use mmw to copy files on to the phones drive.
as said just like working on hard drives.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

If you copy a file over using the drag and drop approach you just suggested, will that use the appropriate transcoding based on the device? I wasn't aware you could transfer files that way within MMW.