Empty Playlists after reboot (Galaxy Note 2) [#11298]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

ScottieB

Re: Empty Playlists after reboot (Galaxy Note 2) [#11298]

Post by ScottieB »

1 other thing I don't think I mentioned which may have an effect is that about half of my music on MMW is FLAC, and I have it set to autoconvert to v0 mp3 when syncing.

I've been curious about how this works - are the files converted and then deleted after they are copied to the phone? Is there temp storage for this? I used to see it say "converting" during the sync process but I don't notice that anymore.

Anyway figured maybe it is losing track of things between the converted file and the original?
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

I personnally don't convert anything
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, I was able to replicate the problems that I believe you're both experiencing. My guess atm, is that it's somehow related to a corrupted sync profile. The solution that worked for me was to:
- Delete MMA's data (via Applications Manager > MediaMonkey > Delete data)
- Delete MMW's sync profile (via Tools > Options > Device Sync > Select the device profile and press DELETE

Let me know if that solves it for you.

We're still working on figuring out what triggers this...

-Rusty
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

well it started happening to me when i switched from the S3 stock 4.1.2 to the CM 10.1.3 (which is android 4.2.2 i believe)

So, MMW might not react properly to a change of system on the device ?
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

great thanks rusty will try it out!
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

No love.

First, when I originally cleared data and then the profile in MMW, I set up a new one to sync, but it asked me to confirm deletion of some files - playlists that I know I deleted. Looking around I found "Mediamonkey" folders on both my SD card and phone internal memory. I deleted those, then cleared data again and deleted profile in MMW, and this time it sync'd properly.

I did one playlist, played a few songs, and then synced again with an added playlist. It synced the right tracks - only the new ones - but the play counts didn't update for the tracks I played.

On reboot, both playlists were empty. Tried a sync and it re-synced all tracks even though they were still on the phone's card. :(
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

on my side, i uninstalled MMA, deleted all music, mediamonkey and playlists folders on the device

i unchecked and deleted all profiles on MMW.

Then i installed everything, checked my playlists, sync'ed

I rebooted once, playlists were still there. But i have resynced a few times since, and this bug normally happens after some time, so i'll try not to sync in the next hours/days, an i'll reboot regularly and see if it happens again for me.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Scottie (& Aralvor if you can replicate),

I'm having trouble replicating again.

Can you please do as simple a sync operation as possible (the minimal amount required to trigger the bug), and immediately after verifying that the bug occurs, submit a debug log via Options, and post here _exactly_ how the bug manifested itself for that particular debug log?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

Hi Rusty,

Seems like the bug is gone for me, reinstalling MMA and clearing the devices seem to do it, i'm affraid i cannot help you on the issue anymore (which is a good thing still i guess).

Ill keep you updated if i notice anything ofcourse
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

edit - NM, think I read something wrong...

Will test that when I can/.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

Ok. I started testing this yesterday, taking meticulous notes... and now it seems to be working. After a few syncs metadata started syncing back and everything seems to be working ok. I've still got the notes, and will keep track of what I do for a while just in case. Thanks for all the help.
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

What a shame, i was beginning to think this was gone for good and there it is, back again.

I'm on MMA 1.0.4.0185, and i just got the bug again, all my playlists are empty.

It seems to me that it is definitely something happening on the device independantly of MMW but thats hard to prove with facts. Anyway i rebooted a couple of times today, and after the second one, i noticed all my playlists were empty again.

Ill sync and see what happens, ill keep the device profile in MMW just to see if the problem happen regularly again like before..
Absoluteg0

Post by Absoluteg0 »

Same issue is happening with me. Galaxy s3, MMW .1671, MMA .0185

After a successful wifi sync (my phone has a hard time connecting to windows for 5 minutes let alone the 2 hours+ required to sync over the crap-tastic MTP) the playlists are all there, but it's only a matter of time (often minutes) until they're all gone.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Have you tried rebrowsing to the location in the mma's options and resetting it.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Absoluteg0

Post by Absoluteg0 »

Not sure what you mean by rebrowsing, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled MMA many times, and I've deleted the s3 profile in MMW many times.