Album sort doesn't works well

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

toufou

Album sort doesn't works well

Post by toufou »

Hi,

My configuration:
MMA build 185 running Galaxy S3 running Android 4.4 (temasek build) syncing to MMW 4.1.0.1671

My problem:
With MMW, i select some tracks with differents idtag and i write an album tag for all this tracks.

With MMW, if i use a album sort, i see my album with all tracks i selected before, nice.
But with MMA, if i select Album, i see one line for each track!

Hope you can reproduce this behaviour and correct it ;)

TouFou
rusty

Re: Album sort doesn't works well

Post by rusty »

Hi Toufou,

Thanks for the input--unfortunately, I don't really understand what the problem is. Can you explain? or if anyone else understands the problem, please pipe in.

Thanks.

-Rusty
toufou

Post by toufou »

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the reply.

I think an picture will be more explicit ;)

When i launch mma, if i click on album the result is on the picture.

As you can see, more line have the same album!! All music with Electro Rock album has to appears on the same line normally.

I hope this time, i will be undertand ... ;)

TouFou
toufou

Post by toufou »

I just noticed that for this exemple, 25 tracks appears on the same line, but 5 no.
About the 5 tracks with problem, all have a title with '-' caracter in.......

See the picture below about one track not recognised in the album.

And with, MMW, they appears like that:
All have The right album name in their properties.
toufou

Post by toufou »

After reflexion, i think the problem appears when "album artist" is not the same!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which means files belong to a different Album, for files to belong to the same Album they need the same Album and the same Album Artist for all files.
rusty

Post by rusty »

After reflexion, i think the problem appears when "album artist" is not the same!!
Lowlander explained this correctly--I'm actually still confused as to what the problem is. As far as I can see, an individual Album entry appears for each track of an Album that has a different Album Artist. In other words, if it's a compilation album, and the Artist='Various Artists' then only a single album will display. On the other hand, if multiple Album Artists are associated with different tracks, then multiple entries will appear.

-Rusty
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

I'm not sure if its the same problem. But I observed something for quite some time now. I had many such entries. And the solution I found was to re-write the album artists on MMW, even they appear to be correctly. After deleting and re-download to the device they are fine.

How it looks on MMW:

How it looks on MMA:

Please not its completely inconsistent. This happens when I click on each of these entries. Track and album count changes. (drag the image to a new tab if not displayed fully)

Also note that when it views that way, I can't really delete these tracks from the album view.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are these files newly synced with 189? Any problems from old syncs may not be resolved by a new build.
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

They were transferred to the device using "send to: device" using build 1.0.4.185.
rusty

Post by rusty »

One other thing to keep in mind: if some tracks have a Disc# and others don't, then the sort order in MMA will be out of whack (disc# won't be accounted for).

-Rusty