Suggestion features

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Suggestion features

Post by nonob »

Hi,

This is what i miss in MMA:

-Mode DJ or "play all shuffle" always accessible on home or menu.
-Go to artist or album from a track playing or from library.
-Smartplaylist creation. (I need to create playlist base on comment field).
-Year button on home screen.

Do you plan to add these features ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
dtsig

Re: Suggestion features

Post by dtsig »

You do know that 'play all shuffle' is quite easy (not to say menu option isn't needed). If you didn't know .. select Tracks, play one, and click on the Shuffle icon on the album.
I think the 'jump to album or artist' from the track you are listening to has already been requested (i think i did once). I like the idea because most of my listening is shuffle. But when a track comes on and you say HEY i want to listen to that album .. great to just go there.
Smartlist has been requested before. Not sure about year
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

totally agree on DJ mode and YEAR mode

I often wanna play music, and i want only 1 click when i want to listen to my entire library (i miss that button from my ... 13 years old ipod !)

I also often wanna listen to recent music (and not the oldies) and beeing able to random shuffle on "2013" would be great

Also smartlist creation would be great. I'm at a party, and want to listen to only "electro" (genre) music, but only the songs that are rated above 2 stars, so only the best is played. Probably would add some complexity to the application as you'd have to recreate the whole "dynamic" playlist creation interface from MMW.

But with all these features, MMA would be almost as perfect as MMW, and we all know future is taking us in a direction where we spend more time on our mobile device than on our computer ;)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Auto Playlists and customization of HOME are on Our To-Do. Main thing now is stability and quality.

As with any new app we know that we only scratched surface. MWM didn't had 1/8 of today features back in 2003.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Peke wrote:Auto Playlists and customization of HOME are on Our To-Do. Main thing now is stability and quality.

As with any new app we know that we only scratched surface. MWM didn't had 1/8 of today features back in 2003.
But it is one heck of a scratch :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig wrote:You do know that 'play all shuffle' is quite easy (not to say menu option isn't needed). If you didn't know .. select Tracks, play one, and click on the Shuffle icon on the album.
Just select Tracks and tap Shuffle Play button.

Other items have already been discussed.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:
dtsig wrote:You do know that 'play all shuffle' is quite easy (not to say menu option isn't needed). If you didn't know .. select Tracks, play one, and click on the Shuffle icon on the album.
Just select Tracks and tap Shuffle Play button.

Other items have already been discussed.
Isn't that what I said? :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I didn't read it that way. I understood

You:
1) Tracks
2) Play track
3) Enable Shuffle in Player

Me:
1) Tracks
2) Shuffle Play
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

So what is the 'Shuffle' button? I click on tracks I get a list of all tracks, Along top a right-pointer with X and a search (magnifier). On the bottom one of the tracks, the play right-pointer and "next" (2 right pointers). Where is the Shuffle play? Or are you considering it 'shuffle' because the tracks are in 'title' order?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When in Track at the top of the screen next to the search Icon is a Play icon with a small shuffle overlay. Using this the files will be added in random sort to the Now Playing (thus they're shuffled).

When you select a file (long press) you get the bottom menu with regular Play and Play Last options (among other options).

Using Shuffle Play has as benefit that you don't have to keep turning on/off Shuffle in the Player (unless you're going to listen to the selection several times over).
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Oh so that is a small 'shuffle'. Cool. Good to know. Thanks

Edited: I notice that the same 'icon' is showing in the 'Albums' view. But if you press it it plays tracks in shuffle mode. Wouldn't it imply that it plays albums in shuffle mode?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe it plays tracks in shuffle mode, no matter what view you're in.
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hello :)
You do know that 'play all shuffle' is quite easy (not to say menu option isn't needed).
Yes i know it is quite easy, but i would like a menu or home button ;)
I also often wanna listen to recent music (and not the oldies) and beeing able to random shuffle on "2013" would be great
Me too, and in addition, i always use a smart playlist "recent" with rule "year greater than xxxx".
I think the 'jump to album or artist' from the track you are listening to has already been requested (i think i did once)
Ok :).
Also smartlist creation would be great. I'm at a party, and want to listen to only "electro" (genre) music, but only the songs that are rated above 2 stars, so only the best is played. Probably would add some complexity to the application as you'd have to recreate the whole "dynamic" playlist creation interface from MMW.
It is the most important missing feature for me.I listen to music essentially with smart playlists that i create from "comment" field.
In alternative, i use Mytunes pro (recommended to me frome a user on this forum).I use it to build smart playlist, then i can use these playlists on another music player, like MMA.
But since last days, i have some issues with it, playlists are not listed anymore in MMA, and in android stock music player, i can view my playlist but they are empty..
EDIT: i fixed this issue with android : i had to run at least one time the playlist in Mytunes have them displayed in others app.
So now i have my playlists available on android stock player and google music, but always not in mediamonkey and Gonemad.Any idea ?
EDIT: I had the explication from gonemad develloper: its app doesn't use at all the android database.
And i get mma to display my playlist: i tried to create one simple m3u playlist from mediamonkey, then my smartplaylist from mytunes was displayed :) I don't think if it is the real fix but it works now.., if you can confirm that mma doesn't scan for playlist if there isn't at least one mma playslit ?
Auto Playlists and customization of HOME are on Our To-Do. Main thing now is stability and quality.
Great :)

I tried a lot android music player and didn't found one with all features i need, but MMA is on my top 4 with Gonemad, PlayerPro, and google music.
(Gonemad and MMA are in my top 2 in fact).
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
-Mode DJ or "play all shuffle" always accessible on home or menu.
-Year button on home screen.
Any news ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Many things will be improved in MM5 and new features are added daily.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts