[REQ] view playlists by artists (/albums)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Aralvor

[REQ] view playlists by artists (/albums)

Post by Aralvor »

Hi guys,

first of all thanks for the good work on the android version. Besides the bug (empty playlists) that we've all been working on for a few months now, its great to use the complexity of mediamonkey on my android device.

Anyway, my need is as follow.

On MMW, I tag all my songs with stars, 1.5, 2, 3, 4 stars etc.. depending on how i like songs
Also, i (automatically as i'm gold user ;) put all songs with a "bomb" rating in a playlist (let's call it "todo"), it contains all the new albums i want to rate and generally end up in one of the above playlists (2, 3...stars)

All these playlists are then sync'd to my android device.

The problem is that i put several albums, and several hundred songs in the "todo" list, and often i want to listen to a new album and only that album, so i have to enter the playlist, and scroll down to find the good album and listen to it. Its a bit annoying as i have to scroll all the way down (remember, sometimes i have up to 400 tracks, so about 40 albums that are on the "todo" status)

I could look for that album in the general "artist" view, but since i have about 3000 songs on my device, i have no way to remember exactly which artists/albums are in the "todo" list/playlist

So i think the best way to respond to that request, would be to implement an option to view a playlist from an artist (and then album) point of view, similar to the general "artist" view

You could go further and even implement options to view a playlist from a rating point of view (lets say i want to only play the 4 star songs of my "party" playlist) or from any other attribute of the song (date added, filename, whatever..)

But i think an artist (followed by an album) view would be good enough.

Also, it corresponds to what currently exists in MMW, when you have selected a playlist, you can decide on which display mode it should be viewed (columns, columns with covers, etc...)

Thanks
mcow

Re: [REQ] view playlists by artists (/albums)

Post by mcow »

You can create the smart playlist on the Windows side with the desired sort order, and that's the order it will have on the Android side. You can even create multiple playlists with the same criteria (same songs) but different sort order, and sync them all over.