Feature to stop music upon headphone removal

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

landale

Feature to stop music upon headphone removal

Post by landale »

So I have been using this app for a few weeks now and it works great, even paid for the Pro version but it's rather annoying that when I remove my headphones the music continues to play through the speaker. I am coming from PowerAmp which had an option to pause the music upon disconnect. Any chance we can get that here as well?
Lowlander

Re: Feature to stop music upon headphone removal

Post by Lowlander »

Strange, with me it has always stopped playback on headphone removal. I guess you may want to send a debug log (from MMA options) right after you experience this (note log ID here).
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I can't remember a time that the music continued. Neither G3 phone nor Notes 10.1 tablet. Just wondering .. what phone/android version?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I've never had it continue playing upon headphone removal, but it does bring up a different point. When I plug my headphones in and they don't detect (lint in the plug can cause this), it will play through the phone's speakers. I NEVER want that as a default option. I would prefer to have to press an extra button somewhere to make it play that way since blasting metal in the office is frowned upon.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Regarding this, as far as I know (I'll have to test when I get home) my Nexus 7 stops playing when removing the headphones. If not, it really should.

But in addition, I would like to request a feature to START music playing upon headphone insertion. Poweramp has this option (as well as the usual stop upon disconnect) and it works perfectly, as does my iPhone by using Activator.

I realize not everyone would want this feature, hence it would be an Option. But 95% of the time when I connect headphones it is because I want to listen to music. I can personally testify after having this feature on my iPhone for a year that it is one of the coolest and most useful features I have come across.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

this was requested a couple months ago. The reply was a post to an app which could launch apps on a defined event like headphones plugged in
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

I have worked around all of the issues mentioned in these posts by using a combination of SoundAbout and Tasker. Sure it would be nice to have these options incorporated into MMA but if the devs don't get around to it, just get those programs. SoundAbout is a pretty easy setup for audio routing. Tasker takes a little more programming knowledge but allows an infinite number of settings and events to be performed based on various triggers (headphones being plugged in in this case) .
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Thanks CreativConfusion. It look like Llama is another option - a little easier to use than Tasker. It'd still be nice to have it integrated into MM.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Tried Llama - it would launch MM, but it's Play Media order seemed to be ignored.
Not gonna mess with Tasker at this stage...

Tried a few other apps that also did the same thing - maybe this is a problem with KitKat?
- Plug Headphones Pro
- Plug In Launcher
- Sony Smart Connect
- Headphone Connect

The only I could find which worked is called Headphone Helper. Not the prettiest, and unfortunately the app itself opens for a fraction of a second before launching MM. Not so much a problem, except that page stays open in your background tasks, and if you happen to open that page again, playback stops. I'd also rather not have MM actually launch to the foreground - I just want the Play to start in the background.

However, it does start and stop playing when you connect/disconnect headphones, which is good enough until MM implements it :wink: