BUG - Equalizer works for one song and turns off [#12462]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

creativconfusion

Re: BUG - Equalizer works for one song and turns off

Post by creativconfusion »

HTC M9 - 4.4.2
MMA Build 249

Log ID: H87KV90H2N
Description: Eq turns off

What you see in this example is:
1) Play song
2) Go to EQ screen
3) Enable EQ and set everything but one band really low so its obvious if EQ is on or off
4) Hit the ">>" button at the bottom of the EQ screen.
5) As soon as the next song starts it is very clear that the EQ has been disabled (but the "enable" box is still checked)

This is 100% repeatable. It happens each time a new track is started, or the current track is restarted.
The box never becomes unchecked but it is always obvious the EQ is no longer functioning.

Please help !!!
Thanks,
John
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

fyi for devs ..

just updated my Note 10 and G3 to 249. In both the eq works as should
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
creativconfusion

Anyone have a chance to look at my log above?

Post by Guest »

working on it
creativconfusion

Just trying to figure out what ever came of this.
The problem has not been fixed, I checked it again last night. Steps to recreate are identical.

Thanks,
John
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Try the new version of mma.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
creativconfusion

I am on 285. Still works for one song and shuts off.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

It is looking like a device error where it is likely only to be found on the same thing as you are using. Because it is working on my galaxy note2.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
creativconfusion

I am on 359 and the equalizer still is only active for one song and then does not function on the next song.
The bug is still not fixed.

Thanks,
John
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the reminder. Tracking at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12462

btw, does the setting actually become disabled? Or is it still enabled after playing a track, but no longer works?

-Rusty
creativconfusion

Re: BUG - Equalizer works for one song and turns off [#12462

The check box stays checked (enabled) but the equalizer no longer has any effect on the music.

An easy test for this is to make a horrible adjustment to the equalizer so it is obvious if it is on or not.
When the next song comes on and sounds normal again you know the equalizer is not working ... but the checkbox is still checked.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Fixed in build 363 (to be posted shortly). Please confirm that it works for you--thanks!

-Rusty
creativconfusion

I am on build 363. HTC M8.

The bug is not fixed.
The equalizer still only works for one song and then is not working on the following song.

Do you need a log from me or something that would show you what is going on?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Creativeconfusion,

Yes a debug log would be helpful as it worked when we tested. Please post post the log ID along with the names of the track that worked and the track that failed.

Thanks!

-Rusty
76firefly

Post by 76firefly »

Noticed this also. However the EQ stays fixed for 4 songs on average, then it reverts back to no eq setting on version 363 . Good to know I wasn't the only one who was experiencing this, I posted on the other MMA board and no one else semed to notice it. Thought it was just my setup. Glad it's being worked on. Great product!