Request: Play next and auto-DJ

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Jodli

Request: Play next and auto-DJ

Post by Jodli »

I really like Mediamonkey for Android. The design is very straight forward and I really like the design in general.

But one feature I would really love to see, is a way to easily control what will be played after the current song.
I normally have all my songs queued in a shuffled playlist so I can see (and sometimes skip beforehand) what will be played next. But sometimes I want to listen to a specific song without skipping the one currently played.
There is the option to add a song to the end of the "currently played"-list but since all my songs are in this list, its kinda impossible to scroll all the way down and move the freshly added song without hurting my fingers because of extensive scrolling^^

Also, it seems kinda impossible to choose which song will be played without breaking the randomized playlist.
When you tell Mediamonkey to play a playlist (or all tracks) randomized it also starts by playing a random song and I cant choose which one.
If I just tap a song, the playlist wont be randomized and if I choose to just play the "currently played"-list in random order, I loose the ability to see which songs will be played next (or change the order).

For this purpose I loved the Auto-DJ on the Desktop-version, because not only are my songs randomized and I have an overview over the next played songs, but there is also the chance of songs played again after some time (which cant happen when I just play a randomized playlist in a straight order - I have to wait until the whole list repeats).

I hope I was able to explain my wishes in an understandable way :)
Thanks for your great work!
rusty

Re: Request: Play next and auto-DJ

Post by rusty »

Play Next: try the 'mediamonkey beta' version that was just posted today.

Re. randomization: If I understand your requirements correctly, the 'Play Randomized' button that appears at the top of any tracklist might meet your needs (at least until something like an Auto-dj gets implemented. Please confirm if that helps and clarify if not.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Jodli

Re: Request: Play next and auto-DJ

Post by Jodli »

rusty wrote:Play Next: try the 'mediamonkey beta' version that was just posted today.
Uh Thank you! Thats perfect :D
rusty wrote: Re. randomization: If I understand your requirements correctly, the 'Play Randomized' button that appears at the top of any tracklist might meet your needs (at least until something like an Auto-dj gets implemented. Please confirm if that helps and clarify if not.
The new beta kinda solved everything for me :D
I wanted a way to have a randomized list and also control which song will be played right now. The "Play randomized"-button did the randomizing stuff, but it also plays a random track and to choose a specific one I had to search for it in the randomized list. But with the new "play next" and "play now" -buttons I can just add the track I want to hear right now without searching it in an unsorted (because randomized) list.

An Auto-DJ would be more comfortable to have of course but I understand that these things take time. Great to hear there are plans to include that :D

Thanks for you answer!

Yeah I feared that I would have messed up making clear what I meant^^
It doesnt solve the issue I was reffering to because when I use that Button. A random track from my list gets played.
But also a random track starts playing. So I have no control which song will be played right now. All I can (or could - before this beta-release :D)

For example in rocket-player it