Can't send logs [#12949]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

Can't send logs [#12949]

Post by terryo »

mma won't allow me to scroll down or close the keyboard so I can complete sending a log if I type more than two lines on the detail entry line.
Lowlander

Re: Can't send logs

Post by Lowlander »

Which version, what device and which version of Android?
rusty

Post by rusty »

You can close the keyboard by pressing the 'back' button.

-Rusty
terryo

Post by terryo »

mmw 4.1.9.1764 - mma 1.1.3.0482 - Samsung Note 3 - Android 5.0 - Kernel 3.4.0-4335446
rusty

Post by rusty »

Terryo,

I don't have a Note 3, but have tested with several other Samsung devices and can't replicate.

What happens when you click the 'back' button after you start typing a description in the Send Logs dialog (on most Samsung devices, it's the light-up button to the right of the home button)?

-Rusty
terryo

Post by terryo »

>>> What happens when you click the 'back' button after you start typing a description in the Send Logs dialog (on most Samsung devices, it's the light-up button to the right of the home button)?

Just tested that and the keyboard went away allowing for the message to be sent. But I could not scroll down to the e-mail address field enough to be able to click it and continue on to send logs the way I usually do.
rusty

Post by rusty »

To make sure I understand: you're saying that the 'send logs' dialog is larger than the surface of your screen, and that the 'OK' button isn't visible even if you don't try typing (i.e. the bug is that there's no scroll bar and the bug occurs whether or not you need to type something in the dialog).

Note: in my tests, no matter how small the device (and I tested on an older S3 as well), even if I type a huge 20-line bug description, the size of the dialog doesn't grow and is limited to the available screen real-estate (i.e. the 'OK' button is visible).

So if you could clarify (perhaps with a screencap) it would be really helpful. Thanks.

-Rusty
terryo

Post by terryo »

>>>Postby rusty » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:27 pm
>>>To make sure I understand: you're saying that the 'send logs' dialog is larger than the surface of your screen, and that the 'OK' button isn't visible even if you don't try typing (i.e. the bug is that there's no scroll bar and the bug occurs whether or not you need to type something in the dialog).

>>>Note: in my tests, no matter how small the device (and I tested on an older S3 as well), even if I type a huge 20-line bug description, the size of the dialog doesn't grow and is limited to the available screen real-estate (i.e. the 'OK' button is visible).

>>>So if you could clarify (perhaps with a screencap) it would be really helpful. Thanks.

When the text in the "Details (required):" entry area begins a third line, it expands down behind the keyboard and cannot be scrolled up or down the screen. Until I learned the shortcut for closing the keyboard, that prevented me from sending a log.

I don't know how to attach a screen capture to a forum entry.
rusty

Post by rusty »

OK, thanks for clarifying.

Tracked at: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12949

-Rusty