"show in notification bar ALWAYS" doesn't work [#12940]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

arachnophilia

"show in notification bar ALWAYS" doesn't work [#12940]

Post by arachnophilia »

since the newest version of MMA was released, the player doesn't stay pinned to the notification bar when "always" is selected for this option. it will stick around for a little while, but then disappear if the app hasn't been active/playing for a while.

seems like a minor thing, except that bluetooth pairing needs the player pinned to the notification to work properly. under the old behavior, my car's stereo would connect automatically, and i'd just hit a button on my stereo to start. now i need to spend some extra time looking at my phone, starting up the app again, and hitting play through the app.

android 5.0 / samsung galaxy s5 / latest MMA
rusty

Re: "show in notification bar ALWAYS" doesn't work

Post by rusty »

Arachnophilia,

Are you using the MMA release OR Beta? I ask because we included some playback related fixes to the beta version (we'll be posting those changes to the release version tomorrow, hopefully).

Thanks!

-Rusty
rusty

Re: "show in notification bar ALWAYS" doesn't work

Post by rusty »

Fixed in the next build.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12940

Thanks!

-Rusty
arachnophilia

Re: "show in notification bar ALWAYS" doesn't work [#12940]

Post by arachnophilia »

i'm bumping this because i've encountered a problem that seems to be related to this issue.

MMA fatally crashes on startup under some circumstances when "always" is selected here. one way to trigger it seems to be having nothing in your library or nothing actively playing while it's trying to add the notification. i sent a report and debug logs.

latest beta build, samsung galaxy s5.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Arachnophilia,

I'm trying to replicate this but can't seem to figure out how. Can you share the steps to replicate this?

Also, if you replicate the bug, can you share the log ID to this thread (it's difficult to find the log otherwise).

Thanks.

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts