[SOLVED] Ratings less than 1 star are called "1 star"

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

[SOLVED] Ratings less than 1 star are called "1 star"

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Exploring library by rating display "1 star" for 0,5 and 0 stars, as you can see on this screenshot :

It should display :
  • 1 star or more
    1 star
    0,5 star or more
    0,5 star
    0 star or more
    0 star
    Unknow
Is it a bug ? I have mma beta 1.1.3.0508

Another question : how to remove rating to a track ? Actually, if i "turn off" stars with finger, it apply a "0 star" rate but it doesn't remove the rating (unknow rate).

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] Ratings less than 1 star are called "1 star"

Post by Peke »

This should be no mre issue in latest MMA 1.1.3.535
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,

I just tried with MMA 1.1.3.0535 : i still have the same issues.
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi nonob,

I just tested 539 and can't replicate. I suspect that the bug is residual in nature.

Can you try deleting all of the tracks that exhibit the problem and then see if the problematic entries are removed?
Then resync the problematic tracks and see if they appear correctly?

Thanks.

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
I also updated about 80% fo my MMW tracks from "unknow rating" to "4 stars" rating and after a new sync to mma : these 4 stars rating aren't applied to my android tracks.
You want i delete my rated tracks to try to resolve this "less than 1 star issue".
So, maybe i should do a new fresh sync by deleting all my android tracks, maybe delete "data" mma too, then start a new USB sync, followed by a Wifi sync.
Do you think it could resolve these rating issues ?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi nonob,

The fact that they're not updating means that those tracks have no ratings because those tracks weren't synced. This could have occurred because:

a) they were copied rather than synced
b) they were synced using a different sync profile

The simplest solution is to:
a) verify that the tracks in question are included in your current sync profile.
b) If a Wi-Fi sync fails to update them, delete them and resync.

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
This could have occurred because:
a) they were copied rather than synced
No, they were copied but first with "USB" sync, followed by Wifi sync.
b) they were synced using a different sync profile
Maybe, i cant' remember if it happened but i had some "profile" duplicated after MMA and/or MMW updates..
The simplest solution is to:
a) verify that the tracks in question are included in your current sync profile.
Yes they are.
b) If a Wi-Fi sync fails to update them, delete them and resync.
As i said, i recently applied a 4 star rate to almost all my library, so i think the best way is to make a new fresh sync.

So i don't need to uninstall and/or delete MMA/MMW data ?

An important question :
Can i do the first sync with USB, then future sync with Wifi ?

bye
rusty

Post by rusty »

As i said, i recently applied a 4 star rate to almost all my library, so i think the best way is to make a new fresh sync.

An important question :
If by 'new fresh sync' you mean delete tracks on the device and resync--yes that would work. No need to delete MMA/MMW.

As to doing a USB sync followed by Wi-Fi sync--that should work. In general you'll find that Wi-Fi sync should be more reliable since USB depends on MTP which can be flaky.

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

If by 'new fresh sync' you mean delete tracks on the device and resync--yes that would work.

Yes it's what i mean.
No need to delete MMA/MMW.
ok.
As to doing a USB sync followed by Wi-Fi sync--that should work.
ok.
In general you'll find that Wi-Fi sync should be more reliable since USB depends on MTP which can be flaky.
I know, but Wifi sync for more than 5000 songs is very long.., so, when i do a fresh sync, i often start with a USB sync, even if i have to do it several time because it bug..

How long should take a Wifi sync for 5000 songs vs USB sync ?

Can you confirm : i can't do the first "copy" by copying ma tracks with another method than MMW or MMA ?
For instance, i can't use teracopy or something similar to copy ma files to my device, and then do a Wifi sync ?

Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

1. Last night I tested it copied 6751 tracks to phone ~30GB at speed around 2.7-5.2MB a sec

2. when you pair tracks on first sync there is always possibility that MMW could not find them, although we try to minimize that as much as possible.

I tested USB sync also and speeds are not that much faster. Only way to speed things up is to take out SD card and put it in reader to copy files where speeds are 11-13Mb a sec.
Best regards,
Peke
nonob

Post by nonob »

Peke wrote:I tested USB sync also and speeds are not that much faster. Only way to speed things up is to take out SD card and put it in reader to copy files where speeds are 11-13Mb a sec.
Ok, but if i use card reader and use MMW to sync to it : MMW will use a different profile than my android device, so i have more risk that it will not reconize tracks when i will do a wifi sync then, isn't ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Unfortunately yes, MMW should recognize the profile but as DB is on Internal storage of your phone it can't be 100 certain.

you should try.
Best regards,
Peke
nonob

Post by nonob »

Thanks.
nonob

Post by nonob »

rusty wrote:

An important question :
If by 'new fresh sync' you mean delete tracks on the device and resync--yes that would work. No need to delete MMA/MMW.

As to doing a USB sync followed by Wi-Fi sync--that should work. In general you'll find that Wi-Fi sync should be more reliable since USB depends on MTP which can be flaky.

-Rusty
Hi, i resolved my issue and all my rates have been synced from MMW to MMA in some minutes :

The problem was that my device has changed in MMW\Sync device : it was listed as just a letter. I deleted it and a new "Moto G2 SD card" have been created.

Bye