MM Keeps Forgetting My Content? [Nexus 6P, MM 1.2.0.0660)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MM Keeps Forgetting My Content? [Nexus 6P, MM 1.2.0.0660)

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I’m loving the app – but with one small issue - It keeps forgetting my music!

I use the desktop version also and have no problems there. But on my Nexus 6P using MM 1.2.0.0660 – it will occasionally forget all my content and appear ‘empty’. No library.

To correct this I have to Options – Choose Library Folders – and re-select my music folder which is stored on the phones internal drive.

It’ll then remember it for a while… and seemingly randomly forget again after some time (perhaps once a week or so).

Any ideas on a fix?
Peke

Re: MM Keeps Forgetting My Content? [Nexus 6P, MM 1.2.0.0660

Post by Peke »

Can you check if you have Clean Master or any other so called "optimizer" that accidentally classify MMA cache and settings and delete them on "Cleaning Junk"?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
richjhart

Post by richjhart »

I've been having the same issue, and have nothing that would be cleaning out any files automatically - unless the latest version of android does it itself (in which case, that's still a bug because the files must be stored incorrectly by MMA). In fact if any other app has access to the database/files and is able to delete them, then they're in the wrong place.

It has now wiped the data 3 times in a few weeks. When I re-sync it randomly downloads quite a few songs, even though it shouldn't have to as they are all present. I often have to sync more than once in order get everything lined up properly.

At the very least, an option to backup and restore the library on the device needs to be added immediately - since otherwise I cannot use my playlists until I have an opportunity to re-sync.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ok, thank you for report.
This strange cases will be improved along whole storage handling in 1.3.0.

We are working hard to ready next beta cycle as soon as possible...

Thank you for patience, please as soon as 1.3.0 gets out let us know if anything changed and then we can do a debugging in more details.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts