Sync causing Force Close

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Doug_WA

Sync causing Force Close

Post by Doug_WA »

I have purchased the Gold version of MM on my PC and have also purchased the Pro version on my Galaxy 7 Edge. Initially, things seemed to work well despite taking many hours to sync for the first time. I had all my music from my PC copied to the SD card in my phone to reduce the time without needing to copy files during the initial sync. The sync did eventually complete successfully; but since after a couple days, the sync feature doesn't work. Each time I try to sync it now, the app crashes just as it gets to "Preparing Confirmation Dialog..." I have submitted reports through Android regarding the crash but have had no follow up. I have Force Stopped the app, cleared the cache and app data... the same behavior occurs after clearing.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I want to be able to use this app & program the way it was intended.

Thanks,
Doug
Lowlander

Re: Sync causing Force Close

Post by Lowlander »

Open a Support Ticket with logID if you want follow up.
Doug_WA

Post by Doug_WA »

Lowlander wrote:Open a Support Ticket with logID if you want follow up.
I did open a support ticket and provided multiple Log ID and have reached out several times... yet, I'm not getting any response. Can you help me please?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sure what is the Ticket ID?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
An update, your logs are analyzed and processed. If there is any issues and help you need both Marek and I are here to help as explained in ticket and in PM here.

This type of crash is very very rare and in your case should not even happen, but as it did we need escalate it.

Thank you for your patience, I know we will resolve this soon and make updates here for other to know if it ever repeats itself.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

To be more specific, the problem is occurring because of the fact that in your particular case the sync confirmation list is _huge_. The underlying issues are that:
- huge confirmation lists shouldn't result in memory issues (to be resolved by http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13350 )
- for some reason in your particular case, the size of the sync confirmation list is much larger than it should be (waiting for your DB to confirm the cause, but a likely-related issue is tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14105 )

Thanks.

-Rusty