Horrible performance under Oreo [#14845]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

martin.bohac

Re: Horrible performance under Oreo [#14845]

Post by martin.bohac »

I have added a new option (in build 823) to Developer options. You will get there via Options\About MediaMonkey\tap to MediaMonkey icon and disable the option "Allow Background process service". Then play some music and let me know whether it helped.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Hi. Tested it with disabled background process service but still crashes. thanks for your effort
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Don't you have some battery saver installed or don't you have enabled some battery optimization in a system setting?
Similar issues also occurred on Huawei phones. The system update helped or change a setting (described below) helped too.
I am afraid that this issue is not fixable on MMA side.
RBS wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:35 am SOLUTION regarding Huawei Mate 9 Pro (and maybe others)
I have been in contact with Huawei Consumer support here in DK, and their solution i powersaving related

Anyway here's the solution that made it work for me:

Go to your phones 'settings' > 'battery' > 'settings' (upper right corner) > disable 'power-intensive prompt' > > go back to the prior page, and select 'launch' > 'disable 'manage all automatically' - now it works, and my MediaMonkey has now played flawless for more than an hour, and suddenly I became glad for my phone again ;-)