"preparing" notification after each reboot (library scan)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

thebluemask

Re: "preparing" notification after each reboot (library scan)

Post by thebluemask » Sun May 12, 2019 2:40 am

I've got around 24,000 tracks on the card so I guess that makes sense. I think my battery stats said mm had been active for about 1.5hrs and used 8%. Hadn't been playing anything, just scanning.

lkraus

Stop folder scan on device restart?

Post by lkraus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:55 am

Recently, I notice that every time I restart my phone, MMA (v 1.3.4.0854) runs a background task scanning folders to the library. Since the task runs for quite a long time (45 minutes+) and the phone gets very warm, I can only assume that this is using a lot of my battery charge. I have quite a bit of music and audio books stored, but I only change the contents every six months or so.

Is there a way to stop this automatic scan and only scan the folders manually after I make changes?

thebluemask

Re: Stop folder scan on device restart?

Post by thebluemask » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:31 pm

lkraus wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:55 am
Recently, I notice that every time I restart my phone, MMA (v 1.3.4.0854) runs a background task scanning folders to the library. Since the task runs for quite a long time (45 minutes+) and the phone gets very warm, I can only assume that this is using a lot of my battery charge. I have quite a bit of music and audio books stored, but I only change the contents every six months or so.

Is there a way to stop this automatic scan and only scan the folders manually after I make changes?
+1