Live Tiles in Metro

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

geoffintucson123

Live Tiles in Metro

Post by geoffintucson123 »

I could only find a brief set of posts about live tiles not working on Metro. I downloaded the latest updated app today and still there is no live tile functionality with my surface pro. Do you know when this will be working or available? It would be very neat to have live tile functionality!
Thanks for all the great work, I'm a mediamonkey gold owner for a decade now, and its still the best product on the market.
geoffintucson123

Re: Live Tiles in Metro

I should update this to say that the live tile functions if there is no cover artwork. I didn't realize this because I have only about 3 albums that don't have artwork. So I guess this is a bug as listed by others back in January. Any news on resolution on this issue?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It's strange as here it work just fine event when playing track have album art.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
geoffintucson123

So are you saying this is fixed? It does not work for me. I am using a 128gb surface pro
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

No, i'm just saying it work for me. When you start playback and minimizes MM8, do you see notification when next track goes to play ? MM8 tile shows nothing in a meantime ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
geoffintucson123

No, if I minimize an album that has artwork, while its playing the live tile does nothing and shows no tracks. If I minimize while playing an album with no artwork, it is live and shows tracks and titles etc.