Removing from MM only?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

Android_Army

Removing from MM only?

Post by Android_Army »

In the Windows version you can choose to remove from library only or remove from library and delete from computer.

It seems there is only 1 delete in MM8 and it removes from both.

The fact that when installing MM8 and opening it and it auto scans the music folder has created an insane mess. I have all my music in the My Music folder with subfolders for each artist plus subfolders under that for each album. Problem is there are items within My Music that I don't need in the MM database. Going through manually was fun enough on my new PC and installing MM 4 for Windows, but at least you can remove from library only.

Right now I'm uninstalling MM8 unfortunately as it would take an insane amount of time to fix the library. I tested it with 1 track and it deleted from computer and had to go to my cloud backup to re-download the particular track. No way I'm doing that for what could be hundreds of tracks.

I can use the desktop version, which is fine. I like the "metro" interface though so hopefully after more development it will be usable.
PetrCBR

Re: Removing from MM only?

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for your suggestion. Will add 'from DB only' option for any future build.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643