Can you clear DB in MM8? Crash report & wish item.

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

BajaPaul

Can you clear DB in MM8? Crash report & wish item.

Post by BajaPaul »

I got to say MM8 is really looking good. Keep on at it! I have a 3 monitor desktop and only occasionally use the Metro interface since added StartIsBack. This might be the Metro killer app to actually get me to use Metro. Everybody still calls it Metro but Microsoft..lol

How do you delete the database in MM8? I had to just uninstall and reinstall the program. The reason I needed to delete it is because it didn't seem to load my database right. I first noticed when I view tracks by ratings. Only 13 of my 2,800 rated tracks was showing a rating. It was kind of weird since all the artwork, track, and album info was in order. I click properties on the track and all slots would be blank except for Track Type=Music, even though everything is displaying right, except for my missing ratings. Some tracks I do see all the properties but the missing rating. The 13 tracks actually showing a rating all display properly under properties. My library is well organized via E:\MM Library\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>

Anyway reinstalled MM8, scanned my library, and exact same result. rescanned the library, no change.

Bug? I can crash MM8 every time by sorting tracks by Path.

Wishlist: I would also like to be able to sub-sort by actual star rating, ie, just show all 5 stars, or all 4 & 5 Stars. Might need a refresh button for albums and tracks to update info from database, or is it always scanning?

Keep up the great work! It's looking awesome!
Intel i7-980x, Asus P6X58D Premium, 6MB Corsair 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20, XFX HD-5870 XXX, OCZ Vector 256MB SSD, Triple 24" Dell monitors @ 1920x1200; 2407WFP, 2407WFP-HC, 2408WFP.
PetrCBR

Re: Can you clear DB in MM8? Crash report & wish item.

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi.

Database is located at this path:
c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\F9C317A9.MediaMonkey_6npfwtawc6s18\LocalState\MM.DB.

Also can you send me your database to check crash you've reported ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

BajaPaul wrote:I got to say MM8 is really looking good. Keep on at it! I have a 3 monitor desktop and only occasionally use the Metro interface since added StartIsBack. This might be the Metro killer app to actually get me to use Metro. Everybody still calls it Metro but Microsoft..lol
BajaPaul; 'StartIsBack' looks promising but there are/have been several good start options. The real problem is Metro. It is not a UI for a computer :) but then anything is an improvement :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
BajaPaul

Post by BajaPaul »

What dishes me is Microsoft had the Start menu intact all thru the betas and ripped it out at the last moment. Least give us the option to turn it on or off thru group policies.

StartIsBack is the next best thing I have seen. Priced right too. MS seems to be stubborn on the issue. Maybe I am too! lol Thought maybe we would see and update putting it back in after the boot of Sinofsky.

All these alternative Start menus are going to drive the IT guys nuts since they can't manage it. If they can't manage it you are not going to see it adopted by businesses, libraries, etc.

Other than that I don't mind W8 at all! I missed Areo for a while but have grown to like the new basic style on the desktop.
Intel i7-980x, Asus P6X58D Premium, 6MB Corsair 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20, XFX HD-5870 XXX, OCZ Vector 256MB SSD, Triple 24" Dell monitors @ 1920x1200; 2407WFP, 2407WFP-HC, 2408WFP.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's rumored that the Start button may return in Windows 8.1.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:It's rumored that the Start button may return in Windows 8.1.
I think you are right Lowlander .. from the inside i have heard that there is a tremendous amound of corp pushback .. heads have rolled (sorry to say) but maybe lesson learned. Apple knew the difference all along <sigh>
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Davewilco

Post by Davewilco »

Oh crap i love the new start it took two weeks to configure it how i like it and now you say its going aaarrrgghhh