edit properties not saving

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

AskAlice

edit properties not saving

Post by AskAlice »

This may be a silly question but, when I use the edit properties function in MM8 it works while MM8 is open. However, when I close MM8 everything I changed reverts back to what it was before. Am I missing something? I guess my real question is when I edit properties (aka meta data of a track and/or album) in MM8 are my changes affecting the source file? If not, this would be a great feature to have and I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it. Please advise.
PetrCBR

Re: edit properties not saving

Post by PetrCBR »

Tags saving are complete, but need to pass our internal tests first so it will be available in any future build.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
AskAlice

Post by AskAlice »

Thanks so much for your rapid response. I look forward to the new build.
Timothy Glesing

Post by Timothy Glesing »

I am running into the same thing. When I go to edit an mp3 file in Media Monkey, it shows as having been edited, but then when I go back into that file, the edits/changes don't take. Isn't that the primary reason that Media Monkey exists... to be able to change properties within files, etc.? If I can't edit file tags, what is the point of the software? I do have Windows 8, so my guess is that this is part of the issue, but up until recently, I was able to use this software fine for this purpose. Please clarify if this is going to be updated soon to allow me this level of utility back? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Metro is a beta product in its first iteration. Features are still being added. However if you're using MediaMonkey for Windows which is in version 4 tags should be saved.
AskAlicw

Post by AskAlicw »

One more question...what is the purpose of the check boxes under Edit Properties for Album Artist(s), Album, Rating, and Disc #?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

checked = will be saved
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643