podcast

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

cashisking.info

podcast

Post by cashisking.info »

How do you subscribe to podcasts?
The RT app has a podcast icon. But I don't see a way to use it.
Lowlander

Re: podcast

Post by Lowlander »

I presume you can only sync Podcast episodes from MediaMonkey for Windows to MediaMonkey for Metro.
cashisking.info

Sync it with what.
This is supposed to be it's own media manager. So what do I have to sync it to. And for what.
Peke

Post by Peke »

To clear things up I'll put it this way.

MediaMonkey for Windows Desktop = a main application that is used to arrange whole music collection including on windows 8 (non-RT)
MediaMonkey For Windows 8 (RT included) = manager for files already on devices and designed to work under Metro environment even on Windows 8 RT that is not same as full Desktop version of windows due the support for non x86/x64 CPU architecture which have its own limitations. (I would rather not go into Microsoft design limitations decisions for Windows 8 RT as MediaMonkey do not have influence over that and we need to comply with them)
MediaMonkey For Android = manager for files already on devices and designed to work under Android OS and again due the support for various hardware have its own limitations.

To simplify this. Only workflow we (and anybody else Apple Included with their own iTunes on iOS, MAC OS and Windows version limitations) was able to do is to make MediaMonkey for Windows Desktop a server application that manages all your collections/podcasts/Audiobooks/... and make easy transition (SYNC) to devices that are either supported or have some of other MediaMonkey versions (eg. MMA or MM8) allowing users to easily access and track their files.

To even simplify more MM8 and MMA are not replacements for MMW but rather supplemental applications on their respective devices.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cashisking.info

I can use this on RT to watch my video and music folder or any folder.
How hard is it to add rss support?
Or is it that you just want us to pay the $5 to have the ability to sync?
You can manage your music and video collection on the RT version.
And what is MMA and MMV?
This is the first time I every used Media Monkey.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Metro is a Metro App and doesn't come with all the features of the desktop version. Don't forget that Microsoft created a limited environment with Metro. This also goes for music and video management. Podcast subscriptions is also something different than scanning audio/video.
cashisking.info

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey for Metro is a Metro App and doesn't come with all the features of the desktop version. Don't forget that Microsoft created a limited environment with Metro. This also goes for music and video management. Podcast subscriptions is also something different than scanning audio/video.
I didn't ask for all the features of the desktop app.
Like Apple or Google didn't create a limited environment to program for. RT works different the Pro.
How is Podcast subscriptions different then scanning audio/video. You don't have to scan for podcast. All you have to do is support RSS feeds.
They are other app for RT, that supports RSS. And you don't have to sync it with anything.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

RSS feeds has nothing to do with scanning, thus it is very different. The only similarity is that it adds files to the Library. Anyway what isn't implemented may get implemented. For now MM8 is an extension of MMW, not a standalone product.
cashisking.info

Lowlander wrote:RSS feeds has nothing to do with scanning, thus it is very different. The only similarity is that it adds files to the Library. Anyway what isn't implemented may get implemented. For now MM8 is an extension of MMW, not a standalone product.
I didn't ask about scanning. RSS has nothing to do with scanning.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

cashisking.info wrote:I didn't ask about scanning.
cashisking.info wrote:How is Podcast subscriptions different then scanning audio/video.
cashisking.info

RSS has nothing to do with scanning.
Podcast subscriptions does not have to be scanned.