Syncing Ratings and Meta-Data from Win8 RT to Server (NAS)

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

cheffix

Syncing Ratings and Meta-Data from Win8 RT to Server (NAS)

Post by cheffix »

Hi,

I'm using the beautiful mediamonkey app for win8 rt on my surface with streaming all the media from a synology NAS. This works fine in general, but any changes I make on the surface (e.g. ratings) are not synchronized back to the NAS-Server. Is there something I don't understand?
I tried to sync the metadata via my windows-laptop (MMW 4.1) as well, but the metadata still remained unchainged...

Any help would be appreciated!

ok - syncing via laptop works (had to wait long time) is there a way to sync back the changes made on the win8rt-device directly to the NAS?
Lowlander

Re: Syncing Ratings and Meta-Data from Win8 RT to Server (NA

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're using the DLNA server on the NAS. You can't edit files using DLNA as the standard doesn't allow for it (it's just for streaming).
cheffix

Post by cheffix »

Thanks for your answer. In the Win 8RT app, I select the NAS server (via network) as the media location (scan media), same as on my MMW-desktop. Changes I make on my desktop are synchronized back to the files on the NAS, why not the same with the MM8? Is there no way to save the changes I make on the surface tablet directly to the files on the NAS?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd presume that would work, but I haven't tried tagging myself. Make sure that MM8 has write access. Another problem could be network writing and Windows Metro limitations.

Note, a big rewrite is in the works so troubleshooting the current release isn't done.