No artists over UPNP?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

Drunken Dwarf

No artists over UPNP?

Post by Drunken Dwarf »

I'm using MM8 as a UPNP Control Point between my Plex media server and my Denon receiver (media renderer). The only draw back is that MM8 doesn't display the artist of the tracks. I can't attach a image, but the UI looks like:

Code: Select all

Track Type: 
Title:    Zerox
Artist(s):
Album Artist(s):    Unknown artist
Album:    Antics In The Forbidden Zone
Genres(s):    Unknown
Componser(s):
Release date:    1990
Rating:
Disc number:
Track number:    1
This doesn't seem to be a problem with other UPNP control points, so I suspect MM8. Is this a known issue?

-D. Dwarf
Lowlander

Re: No artists over UPNP?

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't seen this with MMW as server. Does MMW display Artist from the Plex Media Server?
drunkendwarf

Post by drunkendwarf »

Lowlander wrote:I haven't seen this with MMW as server. Does MMW display Artist from the Plex Media Server?
Yes.

It also works on Linada on my Widows Phone and in Foobar2000 (with UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point component).

-D. Dwarf
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no troubleshooting for the current build as a rewrite is in the works. However if you still see it on the rewrite once released any feedback would be welcome.
drunkendwarf

Post by drunkendwarf »

Lowlander wrote:There is no troubleshooting for the current build as a rewrite is in the works. However if you still see it on the rewrite once released any feedback would be welcome.
Yes. I've seen that it's "coming soon" since December. Any clue if soon is sooner than soon?

-D. Dwarf
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not sure, as it's a rewrite there are some issues that are preventing release. The rewrite itself is done, but some bugs are preventing release.