Slow to load album & artist lists & playlists

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

bigkid

Slow to load album & artist lists & playlists

Post by bigkid »

Hi all.

I have just installed MM8 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro - an 8in tablet. I also have MMW installed on the same device. I have about 34,000 songs for 1800 artists located on a mapped network drive. It takes MM8 20-25seconds to show the Playlists on selection, and another 25 seconds for the dozen or so playlists to show images and song number details. Loading all details for Album or Artist view takes considerably longer - This I understand as there are a lot of images involved. However, loading Playlists doesn't require so many images. Is 25-50seconds to load the playlists and the song number data reasonable? MMW is much quicker.

Also, can anyone tell me where the .exe for MM8 and its .DB is located as I want a shortcut in the task bar and t be able to backup the DB. I can only find those relating to MMW on the tablet.

Also, is there an EQ in MM8. I can't seem to find it and the audio output from the Dell needs tweaking.

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,

Allan
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
WASAPI ASIO KERNAL STREAMING BASIC TUTORIAL: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 82#p450582
bigkid

Re: Slow to load album & artist lists & playlists

Post by bigkid »

Hi all.

No need to respond. I have decided to stick with MMW - just make the font bigger so it is easier to use on a small screen tablet. It is working fine and a damn site more responsive than MM8. All good. Might look at MM8 in the future when the next release comes out. Thanks for those who took the time to drop in and view my post.

Regards,

Allan
WASAPI ASIO KERNAL STREAMING BASIC TUTORIAL: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 82#p450582