MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

PetrCBR

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you make me a short record so i can imagine how it sounds ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
jiri

Post by jiri »

This is frusterating because this music App rivals even their desktop software. It is absolutley beautiful and BY FAR the most functional audio App on the internet today!
Thanks, nice to hear!

You know it's the very first version, so there might be some problems. That said, playback works flawlessly on all our testing devices - unfortunately we don't have the very same model as you have. Could you try to play another audio format, e.g. FLAC, OGG or MP4? You can create them e.g. in the desktop MM.

Jiri
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Not at the moment I am at work with no wifi or way to upload an audio file. When I get home I can. But the sound is exactly like it is spelled, if that helps? "Hisssssssssssssssssssssss" Just continual static
PetrCBR wrote:Can you make me a short record so i can imagine how it sounds ?
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Jiri - I can try a different format but I am at work with no access to any other file format. I did play a video file (.m4v) with the same result. but when i get home I will convert to a few different file types and let you know if they work

Or maybe someone can post a different format here, i can download and try in the tablet?
jiri wrote:
This is frusterating because this music App rivals even their desktop software. It is absolutley beautiful and BY FAR the most functional audio App on the internet today!
Thanks, nice to hear!

You know it's the very first version, so there might be some problems. That said, playback works flawlessly on all our testing devices - unfortunately we don't have the very same model as you have. Could you try to play another audio format, e.g. FLAC, OGG or MP4? You can create them e.g. in the desktop MM.

Jiri
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

I am off to a meeting right now. Be back in 30 minutes
jiri

Post by jiri »

You can download e.g. any FLAC from net, like http://download.linnrecords.com/test/fl ... 16bit.aspx

Jiri
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

this looks really good, awesome work guys! u just kicked everyones ass with this one..............

is there any way to make it use my desktop version mmdb?
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Believe it or not I am working from a government PC with Windows XP. The link you provided was only blocked when I tried to download it. No worries I will convert some MP3's to different formats tonight and let you know if it works.
jiri wrote:You can download e.g. any FLAC from net, like http://download.linnrecords.com/test/fl ... 16bit.aspx

Jiri
benito

Post by benito »

I've been lurking this thread since I got my Surface RT; just wanted to come post and give a huge kudos to the developers.

RT needed this in the ecosystem, and you have simply blown the competition away. Xbox music doesn't even touch Mediamonkey. Great job!
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Ok was able to download OGG and FLAC (from my google Drive) both files are just like MP3 all I get is "hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Are you having any issues playing media files from the SD card on the Surface? I don't have a surface but I do have a Dell XPS 10 tablet with windows RT
benito wrote:I've been lurking this thread since I got my Surface RT; just wanted to come post and give a huge kudos to the developers.

RT needed this in the ecosystem, and you have simply blown the competition away. Xbox music doesn't even touch Mediamonkey. Great job!
benito

Post by benito »

Nope, plays perfectly for me. Only issue I have is a crash coming back from the lock-screen, but aside from that everything indexed and plays fine.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It's been tested on surface RT and Asus ViVo Tab RT.

@benito: can you be more specific about crash ? In what view you've been in MM8 before lock ?

Edit: anybody else with Dell XPS 10 ?
benito

Post by benito »

I was on the "Now Playing" screen when it happened, but I tested just now and couldn't reproduce it.

I also had a few crashes while doing my initial index of ~3000 MP3s on my SD card, but it's probably because I was clicking around while it worked :). It may be worth having a "please wait" during the initial index to avoid that if it's an ARM/memory limitation.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It shouldn't crash even when you're clicking around during scan. Let me know when it will crash again.