Some bugs to report

Moderator: Gurus

mkzwo2

Some bugs to report

Post by mkzwo2 »

Hey!
Nice app and much more usefull to manage large local music collections than the microsoft music app!

But of course, an early version has some bugs: (Surface RT)

- After first opening - the program is automatically loading the default microsoft music library. Of course in there is a lot of drm10 protected wma stuff from xboxmusic. Unfortunately mediamonkey is not able to play these files. So, after first opening the program i had a huge library with unplayable songs. So I tried to remove the xbox music songs from the app: not possible. Deleting files from the hard drive was the only option. So I had to reinstall the app an quickly change the default library folder in settings...

- back and home buttons often don't work - espacially after search

- album art is not loaded

- the default "cd" picture (shown when no album art available) is very pixelated...

This goes along with a little feature request: (answer would be nice)

- Ability to play drm10 protected xbox music files? (Is that realistic?)
- Change Album art
- in library view quick jump to the desired letter
- sort songs in "top rated music" by highest or lowest first. Right now it is totally mixed because it is sorted by date...

Keep up the good work! And thanks for that!

Cheers Michael
jiri

Re: Some bugs to report

Post by jiri »

Hi Michael,

thanks for the feedback, we are looking into the described issues. Just re.
the default "cd" picture (shown when no album art available) is very pixelated...
Where exactly do you see it? Could you send a screenshot? And what device do you use?

Jiri
mkzwo

Post by mkzwo »

Hello!
I use the Microsoft Surface. After the last update the default cd icon changed and is better now.
Unfortunately this is all I see, because the album art is still not loading. The Covers are definitely embedded in the id3tags of my mp3files.
Can you tell me why that is so?

Cheers
Michael
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Try reinstall app (uninstall and then install) or remove albums without cover from library and let them scan again.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
mkzwo

Post by mkzwo »

Already tried. No success! :-(
gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

Try uninstalling, reinstalling, but then before running MM, force a "check for updates" in the Windows Store.

I found that Windows Store was installing an earlier version of MM that didn't display Album covers. Once I forced the update, Windows Store then offered me the latest version...
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

We've already found issue mkzwo is having. Problem is in missing MIME Type in tag so for next release i've added a detection.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643