MM for Win8 RT crashes using UPnP

Moderator: Gurus

mjlenox

MM for Win8 RT crashes using UPnP

Post by mjlenox »

Hello, I am THRILLED that you made a Windows 8 App for Media Monkey. I could always play my MM Library on my Android using BubbleUPnP, but haven't been able to on my Surface until now.

Unfortunately, it only appears to be working for Video. I am running MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511 on my Win8 desktop machine without any problems, with the UPnP/DLNA option turned on. Using my Surface and the "Metro" app, I can select UPnP, then under servers it finds MediaMonkey Server (my desktop). I select that and see the menu for Music, Classical Music, Podcast, etc. I can choose Video and select my way down to a stored movie or show and it plays fine. However, if I select Music or Playlist and select a music playlist, it either shuts down immediately or a few seconds after starting to play and returns to the "Metro" Start screen. This doesn't happen with videos, however.

Please let me know if I am missing a setting or something so I can get this to work. I am ecstatic at the prospect of being able to use this on my tablet.

Many thanks.

(Also, if there's an easier and better way to tie the app to my desktop MM, please let me know. For example, could I point the app to a network location to use the same mm.db file?)