Allow MM to Sync with other Android Players?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gpzbc

Allow MM to Sync with other Android Players?

Post by gpzbc »

This may seem like a sort of odd question since I am huge supporter of MediaMonkey and couldn't be happier that they released an Android app that truly syncs with MediaMonkey for Windows.... I love that my play count and ratings are truly synced whether I listen to a song on my Android phone or my laptop, but I honestly prefer PlayerPro over MediaMonkey for Android. Maybe it is because it is what I have always used... But lately I have been using MMA simply because I love the play count and ratings sync.

So my question is whether or not there are plans to allow other Android music players to sync with MediaMonkey for Windows? I would love to be able to use PlayerPro on my phone and have the plays and ratings synced to MMW.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I may have placed this in the incorrect forum. Moderators, please feel free to move it.
--
The gpzbc
nohitter151

Re: Allow MM to Sync with other Android Players?

Post by nohitter151 »

gpzbc wrote: So my question is whether or not there are plans to allow other Android music players to sync with MediaMonkey for Windows?
I really doubt it. They have never worked on that feature in the past because it's too complicated to try and support the hundreds of other android music players out there. It seems to me like MMA was the solution to giving Android users a quality experience when syncing with MM.

But I am just speculating, that is not an official reply.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I really hope not. Not meaning to sound mean but MMW and MMA are a great combo. MMA will have features added to it over time and I would hate to see them waste any manpower on anything that is not MMA or MMW specific. There are new features for mma and features to fill in on MMW
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I can see both of your points, and I can definitely understand why MM devs may want to reserve that capability for only MMA. But with that being said, I still think it could work nicely to give access to these features to other Android players. I guess I was thinking something like an API for MMW that other Android apps could utilize.

In the meantime, I'm fine with MMA. It definitely has some nice features, and I'll look forward to the development. At the moment, the two things that bother me the most is using the Now Playing queue and also the skin. But, having my ratings and play count sync from my phone to MMW makes all of that worthwhile.
--
The gpzbc