Tracks that are present once are showing twice (phantoms)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ausar07

Re: Tracks that are present once are showing twice (phantoms

Post by Ausar07 »

You should have a 'file manager, task manager, explorer' on your mobile, use that to access your folders, go to sd card find the MMA folder and delete it. Have faith and a backup.
Ausar07

Post by Ausar07 »

Sorry should have said go to internal memory folders and delete MMA.
barb123

Post by barb123 »

I have the exact same problem. My device runs Android 4.4.2.

I deleted everything, reinstalled MMA, there were no tracks on the phone at that point. Then I synced.
The thing is, that at first everything seems fine. But then the duplicates without the album art (that in fact are only ghost files) start to appear one by one on the phone. I deleted everything again, and resynced. They always appear, no matter what I do.

I did it with USB and there were no interruptions. Whenever I disconnect after the syncing, the phantom files appear. Even when there is no connection to the library whatsoever. But they also appear when there is access to the library... The point is, they appear, and if I delete them, both files are gone... is it really that hard to fix that?

Any new ideas?
smitts

Post by smitts »

This is disappointing since I have already bought the paid version of the Windows and Android versions. One work around is using the folder view as the ghost files don't display there.